Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who do I think I'm fooling? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-do-i-think-im-fooling-t187875.html)

bearisgray 05-02-2012 07:44 AM

Who do I think I'm fooling?

I baked a pan of brownies last night.

Today I am eating it 1/4 inch row at a time.

Why do I think no one will notice that the brownies are disappearing?

grammydar 05-02-2012 08:03 AM

Cut them, put them on a plate! It will be less noticeable!

janRN 05-02-2012 08:12 AM

I'm laughing with you, not at you. I made a pull apart caramel bread in a large baking dish. I keep eating a piece and then another so that the rows look straight. I'm down to a 1/2 pan but the row is straight!

erstan947 05-02-2012 08:21 AM

I use to make cookies "for my DH", right! He would have 2 the next day I would put a few in his lunch. Then I would start the cookies and milk game. Do you ever play it. OH, I have milk left in the glass I need a cookie to finish it off. OH, now have have extra cookie and no milk, I must get a little more milk to go with the cookie. Then repeat all day. Then to my surprise most of the cookies are gone. I would bake more cookies and then eat them down to the amount that DH last saw them. He always wonder why I gained weight cause he never saw me eat much :) I was a master of the game. After 47 years I have given up that game. I've found more creative ones!lol

postal packin' mama 05-02-2012 08:23 AM

My neighbor told of making brownies that got half eaten. She couldn't help devouring the other half of the pan when husband & kids had left for the day. Since she didn't want anyone to know she'd wiped out the rest of them, she said she had no choice but to bake another pan of brownies and eat half of that pan! :D
Sounds familiar... :o

paulswalia 05-02-2012 08:25 AM

QUICK!!! cut up half the brownies and put them in the freezer. Really, step away......from the brownies.......

ptquilts 05-02-2012 08:44 AM

Yes, but what about the siren song of "The Last Cookie?'"...... you know when there are 2 or 3 left, you can't just eat one or two and leave ONE. It calls to you by name,....."here I am, I am so lonely, please eat me......"

ETA - I have a great recipe for microwave brownies for when you don't want to fire up the oven. Very quick and good.

postal packin' mama 05-02-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia (Post 5188192)
QUICK!!! cut up half the brownies and put them in the freezer. Really, step away......from the brownies.......

Oh, they will still be calling from the freezer with the song from the movie BALI HAI "come to me, come to me..."

postal packin' mama 05-02-2012 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5188232)
Yes, but what about the siren song of "The Last Cookie?'"...... you know when there are 2 or 3 left, you can't just eat one or two and leave ONE. It calls to you by name,....."here I am, I am so lonely, please eat me......"

ETA - I have a great recipe for microwave brownies for when you don't want to fire up the oven. Very quick and good.

here's another should-be-forbidden microwave recipe:

The most dangerous cake recipe

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time
of the day or night!

Lori S 05-02-2012 09:03 AM

I think we try to fool ourselves... I always have to ask my self " why do I think I am not that smart"?!!!