Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who has an E-Book? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-has-e-book-t120525.html)

Aminnie 05-05-2011 05:39 AM

I have the Sony from Wal-Mart. No bells and whistles to speak of, but it is very user friendly, has a lot of storage (had 130 books on it), and fits nicely in my purse. Love it.

juliea9967 05-05-2011 06:27 AM

That is amazing. It is a fantastic idea, and I hope it works. When I first got my Kindle ebooks were very cheap, supposedly because ebooks were a lot cheaper to produce. Some how that has all changed. Sorry to say that hasn't made any difference to me. I still love being able to carry many books with me wherever I go, and being able to read them any time/anyplace that I want to. I do all of my reading on my iPad 2 now, cause I like it better, but my Kindle was my first ebook reader and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Originally Posted by JoanneS
My little town in CT is distributing IPads to all HS students next year - most textbooks will be downloadable, so the cost zeroes out. Isn't that amazing!

Mama Dyson 05-05-2011 10:56 AM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Kindle. Absolutely no glare on screen. Easy to make type larger for old eyes. Kindle can read to me while I am quilting or driving. Books are downloaded almost instantly from Amazon. Best sellers are $9.99 but lots of classics are free. Fits easily in my purse and goes with me everywhere. Love it so much that I bought one for each of my adult children, both of whom are avid readers.

Nancy Rae 05-05-2011 07:37 PM

Kindle and I love it. I have also downloaded several free ebooks. I realy like the ability to enlarge the print. No glare outside. It is not color.

judyyoungs 05-05-2011 07:59 PM

My best friend and I both purchased a Nook at the same time. Some of the books we purchase can be shared between us, and that is a savings. However, the cost of these books has risen much higher than expected and B&N used the low cost of books at the time as a selling point. But we are not sorry about the purchase.

Gloria B 05-05-2011 08:09 PM

I have one, but can't figure out how to dowload free e books to it,( That's what I got it for). Free e books on my crafting, etc.
GB

nevrn 05-05-2011 10:36 PM

I have a Kindle and it's my favorite possession other than my Brother 4000D. Right now I have 146 books loaded into it and have only bought 4 of those. I belong to a daily blog newsletter that sends out the titles of the books Amazon is offering free and they have quite a selection. New authors, indie authors, business topics, novels, biographies, children's books....you name it. I also like that Amazaon archives the books for you after you have read them so you can go back to re-read or to look something up if you want to. My Kindle goes with me everywhere, especially if I know I will be waiting for something. I also love it for on-the-plane reading. Lightweight and the screen has no glare so you can read outdoors if you like.

Thurma

whatever 05-05-2011 11:12 PM

I bought the sony last year and had trouble getting into my account a little while back and there help is no help. so I was ticked and bought a Kindle should have done that in the first place easy to read no glare. lighter. sony is collecting dust maybe my grand d might want it

Gloria B 05-06-2011 05:53 AM

I have a Kobo EReader. Sure can't figure out to get any thing on itr.
GB

delma_paulk 05-06-2011 10:52 AM

I received a Kindle from our daughter for our 50th anniversary and am enjoying it very much.

delma