Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who Knows Accounting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-knows-accounting-t160564.html)

MTS 10-15-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Barb44
and have asked our CPA for a cash flow statement but they won't do it. They don't like them either.

"they won't do it"
Freaking unbelievable.
:shock: :roll: :shock:

Lneal 10-15-2011 10:15 AM

I sure am and happy to say that I passed my Excel class with an A!! :D

It takes me longer (it seems to Me) to understand things but I work hard at it and I feel rewarded when I finally get it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

cathyvv 10-15-2011 10:24 AM

this is why I didn't become an accountant....

Good luck!

MTS 10-15-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
I sure am and happy to say that I passed my Excel class with an A!! :D

It takes me longer (it seems to Me) to understand things but I work hard at it and I feel rewarded when I finally get it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: Congratulations on passing the Excel class.

And if you've never had any exposure to Excel and/or accounting before, there is a learning curve.
For anyone.
Don't knock yourself because of it.

What's the next course (so I can prepare)? :mrgreen:

Lneal 10-15-2011 06:02 PM

MTS, will you be available to help?

After accounting I its on to Accounting II. That takes me to the end of January 2012.

I graduate in April 2012 and I know I have a business law course coming up in the spring!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

MTS 10-15-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
MTS, will you be available to help?

After accounting I its on to Accounting II. That takes me to the end of January 2012.

I graduate in April 2012 and I know I have a business law course coming up in the spring!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Feel free to ask whatever you want.

I'm excited for you.
Really.
Regardless of what you're studying, the time and stress and commitment it takes to go back to school as an adult while having to deal with all of life's other realities - work, mortgage, family, kids, elderly parents, etc. - is so very commendable.

I'm happy to help you.

quilter68 10-16-2011 07:16 AM

I am SO glad that I dropped Accounting!

shnnn 10-16-2011 08:13 AM

Bookkeeping I can do - not my favorite thing to do (boring!), but I can get it done - accounting, I have no desire what so ever to do, even if I could. My mother and husband have both mentioned me going back to school for my CPA -- I laugh. Business Law was fun - I actually really enjoyed that class.

kwilter 10-16-2011 08:54 AM

You wouldn't want me to help. I took Accounting 101 three times and didn't get it! LOL

CAS49OR 10-16-2011 09:58 AM

Fun reading! Reminded me of why I loved Accounting. I loved Algebra too (back to school in my 40's). Reminded me I don't remember a damn thing about it. I bought some algebra books at yard sales so I can keep up. I should wipe the dust off them!