Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who missed ME? Also doll swap info. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-missed-me-also-doll-swap-info-t21348.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 06-14-2009 01:24 PM

I'm back but not fully here. I will assign swap partners this week for the doll swap. I was really busy for the past few weeks putting together a 60 page yearbook all by myself, with the advice/help of my wonderful hubby. That took all my time. Then, on 6th of June--the very next day after school was out, I had to be packed and ready to leave for vacation. I finished the yearbook on the 5th about 5pm, and missed mailing all my info in. My Mom took it to the PO for me on Saturday. So, I'm back, but I have a lot of work to do.
We went and got a miniature pony today. My friends are moving to Florida, and the pony needed a new home.
We've been gone only a week, but the grass got really high! I guess we had a lot of rain. I got my usual sun poisoning, but this is the worst I've ever had it. BOO! We had a nice vacation, but it didn't last nearly long enough!

I will get partners assigned for the July doll swap tomorrow or very soon!~ Bear with me. I almost didn't host one this time because I knew things were going to get hectic, but I'll get back within a day or two!

Ninnie 06-14-2009 01:27 PM

Glad to see you're back!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 06-14-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Glad to see you're back!!

You must've missed me! THat was a fast response. I haven't been over to the doll swap thread, yet.....I'm sure I'll have some work to do getting it all organized. Not going to be today. I've got to get back outside and finish up some things. That pony needs a good bath. UGH!--this sun poisoning is killing me after getting sun on it, yet again, today! :( BOO!

Mplsgirl 06-14-2009 04:17 PM

Welcome back and welcome to your new addition! What's his/her name? And what is sun poisoning? Is that what I get when my skin turns purple? Seriously.

tlrnhi 06-14-2009 04:50 PM

Glad you are back!
Be careful with that sunburn! Not a good thing.
Yes, you were missed!

beachlady 06-14-2009 04:54 PM

Did you get sun poisoning last year too? Or is that Terri? Hope it heals quickly! Welcome back.

Mousie 06-14-2009 05:25 PM

welcome back buttercreme! Of course you were missed! :D
I didn't do the doll swap, but I think they are so cute!
Your famous you know, bc of the "who are you" post. That is one, that will be around as long as this board is.
I bet your kids are so excited to have a new pony.
sorry bout your sun poisoning. Hope you heal quickly.

amma 06-14-2009 08:08 PM

Missed ya lots!!! How exciting to have a new pony!!! Kids must LOVE their new pet!!! Sorry to hear about the sun poisoning, hope you get over it soon!!! Not a good ending to a great vacation.

grammo013 06-14-2009 08:14 PM

sun poisoning is not funny. You stay out of that sun young lady. I almost died from it because I didn't do what I was told and now I can't be in the sun at all. Try wearing long sleeves and gloves on a 100 degree day. grrr

Take care of yourself. swap can wait for a few days.

Linda D MI (hugs would hurt so here is a thrown kiss for you.)

zyxquilts 06-14-2009 08:33 PM

Welcome back Miranda! :D :D :D
I was wondering what you were up to...now I know!
Take good care of yourself, sun poisoning is awful. :(
Looking forward to seeing some pics of the kids with their new pony!!