Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who will be the winner on Americian Idol? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-will-winner-americian-idol-t116307.html)

I go To The Sea To Breathe 04-15-2011 08:15 AM

I just have a really hard time on picking just one out of the kids left on Idol. I like Scotty, Jacob, and all of them so much, I think that Paul last night singing Maggie May was awesome...I hated to see him go. What good sports they have all been and all so talented. I think this is the most talented group I have seen on Idol. Very proud of them all. How about you all? Want to tell your favorite?

kraftykimberly 04-15-2011 08:32 AM

James !!!

reeskylr 04-15-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
James !!!

Yah, I love James, but I also love Scotty and Lauren. Time will definately tell. Even though they are getting voted off, those top 12 will all get to be in that big tour and you know some are going to pick up contracts.

I loved Daughtry and look at him now, it might be good if some don't hit #1 also. They can be free to do what they like instead of the year of Idol - you must do this, etc.

They are a wonderful group though. So talented.

babyfireo4 04-15-2011 09:06 AM

I want James to win to, I think he really deserves it. I want my personal fav. to be runner up :) GO Casey!

moonwork42029 04-15-2011 09:23 AM

Lauren to me seems like the best choice to be a star right away. She has wonderful stage presence.

I really like Scotty, but they need to coach the boy to hold his mike differently at times and to quit sneering up the side of his face.

James is super but I think he will get lost in the popular crowd. He does great cover work but who knows about anything original...time will tell.

Stephano would make wonderful "Barry White" type sounds that would be romantic and soothing. He should have been around during the "Rat Pack" times with his wonderfully sexy tones.

Who do I think will win??? Don't know but there's not a loner in the bunch.

SuzanneG 04-15-2011 10:49 AM

It's such a great group this year. All along, my two picks to win have been Pia and Lauren. With Pia gone (so sad!) my pick is still Lauren. She has a voice like an angel and so much poise and talent for her age, it's amazing!

QUILTNMO 04-15-2011 11:11 AM

i hope scotty

laughingquilter 04-15-2011 11:14 AM

I think this has been the toughest year to pick. I honestly don't have a clue who'll make it all the way through. Their styles are so diverse. I have to say, Casey brings a breath of fresh air though with his actual knowledge of music.

quiltingnonie 04-15-2011 11:33 AM

I think Casey, Jacob, and Stefano will be the next ones to go, mainly because the 'teeny bopper' voters, who probably text votes non stop after each show!

I think Scotty is great, but young and needs to grow. Haley is also good, but may not appeal to the younger set. I really think it will come down to James and Lauren.

I was so angry when Pia was voted off - felt she was the most talented of the entire group.

Laura3 04-15-2011 01:08 PM

I think I just enjoy the ride! I love the themes and what they come up with as their own version. It seems like in past seasons, they all get enough press to start a career. I never really care who wins, I may have a favorite, but for the most part I just like the week to week competition