Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who Are You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-you-t1871.html)

barnbum 01-11-2008 07:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are our kids. Justin is now 20, Rachel will be 18 next month. They are great kids who give us only reasons to be proud. Both are in college and both just made Dean's list.

PS
I wrote a book about being a mom...not "how" but more "what the HECK!" :lol: The thoughts happened about when Justin was 3 and Rachel was 6 months. I keep writing though. Kids give one a lot to write about. :lol:

barnbum 01-11-2008 08:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry--I couldn't resist more kid pics--ahhh, the memories.

annmarie 01-11-2008 08:15 PM

Handsome family including the mom & pop!!!!

Barb V 01-11-2008 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there. This is the first time I came across this posting. I have been sitting here reading from the first posting. What a wonderful idea you had on starting this one. So thought I would join in with a photo. We have 3 grandchildren. 2 boys, 10 & 8 and then this wonderful little girl. Colleen. Tomorrow they will be coming here so we can have our Christmas together.

Christmas 2006 Colleen/ grandaughter 4 yrs. old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]874[/ATTACH]

nanabirdmo 01-12-2008 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
it is so good to see everyone that has shared here. so i guess i will share also. the picture is me at my watergarden. my other passion. this was on the day of the public pond tour of our water garden society, last june 23. (the loud tee shirt was the pond tour host tee for last year. )

barnbum 01-12-2008 05:19 PM

nanabirdmo--I'd love to sit by that pond and sip some tea with you. It's beautiful--and even more so with you there. :-)

My dad hybridizes Iris, Day Lilies, and Peonies. He has so many gardens--and a few small ponds. Yours is much bigger though.

I'd love to see more pictures of it. :wink:

nanabirdmo 01-12-2008 07:32 PM

thanks barnbum, i have tons of pics of the pond. will post some another time.

i really enjoyed seeing pics of your beautiful family. don't our kids grow up fast?? my grands are almost as old as your kids. my oldest is getting ready to turn 19. it is fun seeing our families.

barnbum 01-12-2008 07:40 PM

Chatting with you makes me miss my mom. :cry: I lost her in 1997; she was 61.

Grandkids were her hobby. I have discovered a girl never stops needing her mom.

Her mom--my beloved gram, was my best buddy until she was 95, minus 2 days. She was my quilting friend, too. Oh how she loved to see all the steps to all the projects. I gave her assisted living home a quilt show in her honor. What fun!! :D I lost her in 2005. :cry:

Sigh.... God makes sure I'm surrounded in good people, but no one has filled a mom or grandma's shoes.

annmarie 01-12-2008 09:12 PM

Barb V. Welcome aboard!!! You are a neighbor - sort of!! :wink: I'll bet you have lots of snow. We'd love to see your quilts. You can post them in the "Pictures" thread. That grandaughter is mighty cute.

ania755 01-13-2008 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I am not much into pictures....This is the best I have....