Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who was your first trick-or-treater? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-your-first-trick-treater-t73527.html)

Linsoblu 11-01-2010 09:48 PM

We sorry to say do not get any trick or treater's here. I wish we did always loved seeing the cute little one's and the older one's. I'd rather see the teenager knocking at my door for candy then out doing drugs or damage.

Up North 11-02-2010 04:41 AM

My first one was a teddy bear my great nephew he spied the bag of kitty litter and wanted that. He is 2.
we live in the country and had a total of 8 kids this year, about average.

Ms. Shawn 11-02-2010 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
Mine was a 2-yr-old Snow White. She forgot to say trick-or-treat and wanted to come in and pet my kitties. :)

I am a little late finding post but, we never have any where we live so I went to my sisters new house two of my DGB Conner and Georgia were our first trick or treaters
They were dressed as Batman and Robin, my youngest son was Popeye the salor man and his girlfriend was a hippie chick, her nephew was spiderman 2 yrs old, his sister 1 yr was the cutest kitten ever with black fur all over and white on her belly. We had ton's of children includeing teenagers, we ran out of candy and my sister had to get more. I had the best time ever for a long time!!! :thumbup: :XD: :mrgreen:

grandmaquilts 11-02-2010 10:06 AM

I don't remember what the first one was but I do remember the most difficult one. He was about 6 or 7 yrs old. As I was putting the M &M s in in his bag, he announced that he hates M & Ms so I offered Skittles. He hates those too. then I offered 3 Musketeers but he didn't like that either. That is when I gave up.
His mother kept telling him to be nice and say thank you. Oh well, his loss.

NCquilter 11-02-2010 10:08 AM

No trick-or-treaters. We live on a busy street and most of the kids go to the near-by churches for trunk-or-treat.

KGoodhand 11-02-2010 11:13 AM

My first was Snow white too!!! I had about 60 kids which is up from last year! But I did something different this year, I handed out little pots of PlayDoh! I was pleasantly surprised to hear so many good things and excited giggles!

Annaquilts 11-02-2010 11:22 AM

No one. We live isolated. We take our children out and went to a church that had trunk and treat on their parking lot. The children had a wonderful time. I am greatful this church offers this alternative. Also they are very nice to my older "kids". Last year we adopted an adult son and he enjoys it very much too and people there are very nice. He does look young also but more like 16. We had 11 kids with us. One girl was from my friend. Come to think of it. We might be a scary crew if we all showed up at once on some ones doorstep. My mom is gone now else that would have been the only other stop.

MerryQuilter 11-02-2010 03:39 PM

A cute little 3 yr old Buzz Lightyear

CajunQuilter2 11-02-2010 06:28 PM

Only tricker treaters I had were the 2 raccoons who ate the dog food on the back deck.

Nancy Ingham 08-17-2011 08:32 AM

No trick-or-treaters here either!