Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who Is Your Super Hero? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-your-super-hero-t233555.html)

quiltingmimipj 10-29-2013 02:15 PM

Who Is Your Super Hero?

1 Attachment(s)
I got the bright idea to make Super Hero Capes for my grandsons. However, this one seems to not be big enough. Charlie said that he wanted to be a Super Hero. You have to be a senior citizen to even know who Charlie is.

mom-6 10-29-2013 04:45 PM

Charlie looks very happy with his super hero status!

The capes I've done for kiddos have been gathered ones with a collar type neckband and Velcro on a piece of elastic for the closure.

Tartan 10-29-2013 05:36 PM

Measure your own neck for size. It won't hurt if it is a little big but it will hurt if it's too tight. Charlie looks cute with a cape, maybe he should keep it.

lynnie 10-29-2013 05:40 PM

Charlie creeps me out. I always hated dolls. my older brother told me when I go to sleep. the dolls wake up and when I wake up, they jump back on the shelf. hence...I hate dolls.

Elise1 10-29-2013 05:43 PM

As kids, we had a Charlie McCarthy doll. He came in a suit case. Seeing your Charlie brings back good memories and I am not yet a senior citizen (56).

Very nice job on the cape.

mighty 10-30-2013 06:58 AM

To cute!!!!!!!!

ILoveToQuilt 10-30-2013 01:14 PM

Charlie does look mighty happy!

To seriously answer this question, my favorite superheros are the men and women serving in the military (Oorah! I'm a Marine Mom!); and police, fire and EMS personnel.

Anita

Evy 10-30-2013 02:06 PM

Did you use fleece for the cape? I need to make one for my little superhero and found a pattern for a reversible cape. I'm wondering if, since I have it on hand, I can use fleece for one side and regular cotton for the other. The pattern I found online has a neck similar to yours.

suern3 10-30-2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6376143)
Charlie creeps me out. I always hated dolls. my older brother told me when I go to sleep. the dolls wake up and when I wake up, they jump back on the shelf. hence...I hate dolls.

I agree, Lynnie! Creeps me out, too. :) Other dolls I love, not this kind. Could be I watched a few too many scary movies on TV this week-end, seems they were doing Stephen King for Halloween, while I was sewing!

quiltingmimipj 10-31-2013 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Evy (Post 6377532)
Did you use fleece for the cape? I need to make one for my little superhero and found a pattern for a reversible cape. I'm wondering if, since I have it on hand, I can use fleece for one side and regular cotton for the other. The pattern I found online has a neck similar to yours.

I used something I never use -- broadcloth. If your little super hero wants to play with his cape in the summer, I would think fleece would be too hot.

After I made this, I found a better pattern on the Sewing with Nancy site.