Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Whodda Known That .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whodda-known-t66368.html)

theoldgraymare 09-23-2010 06:48 PM

"A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds."

Now how do they know that? Did the government spend a couple million to fund a study? Did scientists sit around an aquarium tapping on the side for goldfish attention? And how could they test "memory" -- did they teach little goldfish history lessons and then give a pop quiz? The mind boggles...

MS quilter 09-24-2010 04:29 AM

Berry interesting!

retiac 09-24-2010 06:03 AM

you guys make my days so much better never have I laughed as much as I do when I visit this board. Thanks for the pick me up I have sever depression and take lots of medicines for it but since comming to this board my Dr thinks maybe that I can come off some of it soon once again THANKS.
retiac

Connie Merritt 09-24-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare

Now how do they know that? Did the government spend a couple million to fund a study? Did scientists sit around an aquarium tapping on the side for goldfish attention? And how could they test "memory" -- did they teach little goldfish history lessons and then give a pop quiz? The mind boggles...

You can be sure a grant was granted and research was done in 3 seconds????? I worked at University (don't ask) and a grant was given to a prof for research on "how a cockroach know when you are approaching them and they scatter. What do we care just so long as they run someplace where I am not.

noveltyjunkie 09-24-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand

"Sweaterdresses" is longer!

noveltyjunkie 09-24-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Now that is just silly. Of course they have kneecaps! (Baby kneecaps are made of cartilege, so they "dont appear" on x-rays, but they certainly are there)

butterflywing 09-24-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare

i had a goldfish that swam over to the corner of the tank expecting to be fed whenever i came into the room, . was that memory or simple reaction? btw, the fish ate a lightening bug and died. that taught him a thing or two. he won't do that again. is that memory?

amandasgramma 09-24-2010 08:21 AM

ROL! I don't know which is funnier .....the list or the responses!!!

retiac 09-24-2010 10:09 AM

Laughter is the best Medicine of All
retiac

sheila bee 09-24-2010 10:56 AM

WOW !!!