Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why do i have to keep logging in??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-do-i-have-keep-logging-t167029.html)

EagarBeez 11-08-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo (Post 4651900)
I have checked that box to remember me but It don't remember me. I think I have it figured out though. It is because I ask IE not to remember my passwords. I think I'll just keep signing in.

Click on the remember me AFTER you put your name and password

quiltymom 11-08-2011 07:45 AM

Im always logged in

qbquilts 11-08-2011 07:50 AM

Not just same pc ...

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 4651976)
If you log out then you will have to log in again. But if you've done the remember me box and the just hit the X at the top when you close out you won't have to login as long as you are on the same pc.

Not just the same PC, but the same browser. Like someone else said, it also depends on the security settings on your browser. For instance, I can check the box all I want at work, but I've got my security settings set to delete all cookies whenever the browser is closed, so every time I open my browser, I have to log in again. However, at home, I don't have my security settings to delete cookies every time I exit the browser, so I haven't had to log in for several days, since it remembers me.

(Also, because I know someone will ask, you can close the browser using the "file" menu and selecting "exit" and have the same functionality as clicking the "X" in the corner of the window.)

Cagey 11-08-2011 07:54 AM

I had the same question. Thanks for asking.

mighty 11-08-2011 07:54 AM

sign in , check remember me, and do not log out, seems to work ok for me

Honey58 11-08-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 4651871)
The next time you log in, put a check in the box that says Remember Me....or something like that. I have not had to log in since I did that. I am already logged in when I get here. Hope it works for you too.

Thanks...will try it ...had to log in again to reply to this thread ...though I hadn't logged out .

LucyInTheSky 11-08-2011 08:20 AM

I keep having that problem, and I click "Remember me" every time. I use both my home computer with Chrome and work with IE, both are set to remember passwords, but I'm always logged out. Very annoying.

mayday 11-08-2011 10:36 AM

ME TOO, never logged out, WHY were we not informed about all this rubbish and change of format, obviously not enough thought or care went into this chaotic mess.

Vivian Ketron 11-08-2011 11:15 AM

I have had to log back in serval time also. I will try to mark remember me if i can find it next time I have to log in. Thanks for the info.

luce321 11-08-2011 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ILOVECOLORS (Post 4651842)
Has anyone noticed that you dont stay logged in for long??? Or is it just me?

I have had the same problem. I will try what Dina suggested and hope it works. Thanks Dina.