Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why I like QB and small vent (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-i-like-qb-small-vent-t137811.html)

Hen3rietta 07-15-2011 09:06 AM

Why I like QB. There is room for everyone here. You can have a conversation. Members can take what they want and leave the rest. Kudos to the moderators.

I belong, make that belonged, to another quite large online group, that I had stopped checking for a while because the same topics were coming up over and over again with the same replies and there was nothing that I felt I could contribute to with my take or experiences. Recently I started checking again and saw a post about a certain quilting tool having been a bad investment. There were various responses to this so I jumped in with my comments which were on topic and no longer than any others I've read on the site and received an email from the "owner" of the site saying essentially that my post was too long and repetitive. Over the course of the years I was with that group, I think I only posted about 2 dozen times, because I prefer to post something that adds to the conversation, not a repeat of something already said. The same is true here with the exception being to welcome new members. There the more welcomes the better IMHO.

I thought about responding to the moderator's email pointing out the discrimination as my response was no different from many others to other topics and decided that it just wasn't worth the effort. I just removed myself from the group. But it still rankles. End of rant.

Thanks for listening. I just had to get it out of my system.

ptquilts 07-15-2011 09:11 AM

glad you like it here!!

Judith1005 07-15-2011 09:15 AM

welcome, i haven't belonged to the quilting board here very long. but everyone here is so nice and welcoming. and, they are a wealth of information. i hope you like it here. :D

Hen3rietta 07-15-2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005
welcome, i haven't belonged to the quilting board here very long. but everyone here is so nice and welcoming. and, they are a wealth of information. i hope you like it here. :D

Hi guys,
Thanks for making me feel better! I've been with QB for almost a year and basically now spend most of my online group time with you. I just felt bad about the other group, because it was one I had started with way before I found QB. Their loss I say. LOL

Cheshirepat 07-15-2011 09:24 AM

It's a shame when that happens with forums/message boards...sometimes a place that feels like 'home' changes too much to feel like that any more. I used to read/post to one in particular -really my first exposure to an online 'family', and in time, alas it just went downhill.

I've been thrilled to find this board, so far it seems like a great place to hang your hat, chat and LEARN a lot!

Glad we both found it!

Cybrarian 07-15-2011 09:26 AM

So sorry, I agree the effort was not worth it. Some people seem to be very proprietory as moderators of sites, that's why I appreciate this QB; a spirit of neutrality is very important in moderating anything. It can be very easy to project our own thoughts and beliefs onto someone else's words and come to a conclusion as to their meaning that is not intended. Hang out here!

Rebecca VLQ 07-15-2011 09:37 AM

Ouch...I bet that stung to be chastised so! :(

I'm glad you took the situation and decided that was NOT how you wanted to be treated, and took steps accordingly.

And, I'm glad you're here. Because I wanna hang out with people "like me". And I wouldn't put up with that cr*p either. :D :D :D

Rebecca VLQ 07-15-2011 09:37 AM

Ouch...I bet that stung to be chastised so! :(

I'm glad you took the situation and decided that was NOT how you wanted to be treated, and took steps accordingly.

And, I'm glad you're here. Because I wanna hang out with people "like me". And I wouldn't put up with that cr*p either. :D :D :D

luvTooQuilt 07-15-2011 09:40 AM

Eh who needs them!!! Glad your here, we welcome you and all that you contribute.. So keep posting away and show us your creations....

QUILTNMO 07-15-2011 09:45 AM

sorry that happened to you but you will love this board everyone so nice and helpful