Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why I love my son... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-i-love-my-son-t64631.html)

Quiltforme 09-13-2010 10:10 PM

Tonight my son sat down next to me not uncommon we snuggle before bed. He looked at me with sad eyes and said "Mom why won't R marry me? R. is my 13 yo daughter his sister." I had to explain to my 4yo son who has this hurt look on his face why his sister doesn't want to marry him and why he cannot marry his sister. (and not laugh in front of him)
I took that precious child into my arms and I explained that his future wife is only 4 right now and is waiting to grow up so that he can find her and know just by looking at her that she is the one he wants to marry. Oh Lord I am not ready for this!!

Sadiemae 09-13-2010 10:12 PM

That is so sweet!

candlequilter 09-13-2010 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Tonight my son sat down next to me not uncommon we snuggle before bed. He looked at me with sad eyes and said "Mom why won't R marry me? R. is my 13 yo daughter his sister." I had to explain to my 4yo son who has this hurt look on his face why his sister doesn't want to marry him and why he cannot marry his sister. (and not laugh in front of him)
I took that precious child into my arms and I explained that his future wife is only 4 right now and is waiting to grow up so that he can find her and know just by looking at her that she is the one he wants to marry. Oh Lord I am not ready for this!!

When I got married 5 years ago my great niece who was almost 4 at the time was my flower girl and she still says to this day the she and I married my husband.

SueDor 09-14-2010 02:04 AM

That is so cute. You should write down all the cute things he says.

loopywren 09-14-2010 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme

Yes you are ready, you gave exactly the right reply to you wonderful son.

red roses 09-14-2010 05:02 AM

What a sweet son you have! Your answer was perfect.

sew_lulu 09-14-2010 05:04 AM

How adorable! My son wanted to know why I married his Dad and not him! :lol:

sew_lulu 09-14-2010 05:04 AM

How adorable! My son wanted to know why I married his Dad and not him! :lol:

sueisallaboutquilts 09-14-2010 07:07 AM

I just love this thread :D

mamapeggy11 09-14-2010 07:19 AM

My 4 yr. old granddaughter says she is going to marry me-LOL- ya'll write down the cute things your little ones say- I wish I had with mine-now it's the GK that are saying the same cute things ....and trust me it is good material to say hey I remember when you said....etc...to your grown kids..helps keep them in line .lol