Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why I'm a dog lover!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-im-dog-lover-t21159.html)

Ninnie 06-10-2009 08:53 AM

If You Want.........

If you want someone who will bring you the paper without first tearing it apart to remove the sports section, ....buy a dog.

If you want someone willing to make a fool of himself simply over the joy of seeing you...buy a dog.

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never says it's not quite as good as his mother made it...buy a dog

If you want someone always willing to go out , at any hour, for as long and wherever you want...buy a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies...buy a dog

If you want someone who is content to get up on your bed just to warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores...buy a dog

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to and loves you unconditionally, perpetually...buy a dog.

But on the other hand,

If you want someone who will never come when youcall
Ignores you totally when you come home,
leaves hair all over the place
walks all over you
runs around all night and only comes home to eat and sleep
and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure his happiness....

Then....

Get a Cat!!!

(come on now, you thought I was gonna say ' a man'...)

reneebobby 06-10-2009 09:20 AM

Funny but my cat sleeps with me. hahahahha

amma 06-10-2009 09:21 AM

:D :D :D How True :D :D :D

Mousie 06-10-2009 10:16 AM

gonna go trade my man for a dog right now!!! I been gypped!!! :shock:

littlehud 06-10-2009 07:36 PM

Cute. You really described my dog and cats.

tlrnhi 06-10-2009 09:46 PM

Dogs come when called....cats will take a message and get back to you later. :)

gaigai 06-10-2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Dogs come when called....cats will take a message and get back to you later. :)

Not my cats. They all know their names, and come when I call. And if I only call one, that is the only one that comes. They all follow me from room to room, including the dog. I would NEVER tolerate a kid as rotten as my critters. But I'm still the alpha animal in the house!

tlrnhi 06-10-2009 10:53 PM

Mine come when called MOST of the time, only because they know they are getting food/treats. lol
Now, if they are comfy sleeping...nope, they stay put

mochasue 06-11-2009 11:16 AM

The only part that is not true is that if the remote is anywhere within reach of my dog she will eat it and leave it for dead!

The rest is right on!

Jim's Gem 06-11-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by mochasue
The only part that is not true is that if the remote is anywhere within reach of my dog she will eat it and leave it for dead!

The rest is right on!

My "Brat Dog" ate the brand new Web Cam that my Son in law gave us for our birthdays in September to be able to talk on Skype with my daughter in Iraq. They've never touched the remote but that web cam must have called her name!! It will still in the box, on top of the printer which is on a computer desk!!!!