Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why would anyone do this to their feet?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-would-anyone-do-their-feet-t206548.html)

Chasing Hawk 11-20-2012 04:26 PM

Why would anyone do this to their feet??

for the sake of fashion!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/1...ntcmp=features

I like my toes, even the two little ugly pinkie ones. :)

NanaCsews2 11-20-2012 04:48 PM

I know of a woman who kept getting painful corns on her little toes, both inside and on the outside. She had the knuckle bones removed from those toes. This might be a solution some resort to also, for the sake of fashion like you say. Kinda creeps me out. I will take my TempurPedics any day.

Grandma Bonnie 11-20-2012 04:55 PM

I wouldn't mess with my feet! I just opt for comfy shoes!

gramajo 11-20-2012 05:37 PM

I'd be happy if I could find comfortable shoes. I can't wear flats, let alone heels. And I have an awful time even finding walking shoes (sneaker-type) that don't hurt. I have a hammer toe and RA related deformities in my feet. Even my favorite moccasins that I wear around the house are starting to hurt.

I do not understand the vanity of some people that they'd resort to surgery.

Chasing Hawk 11-20-2012 05:51 PM

I love going barefoot. Only time I wear shoes is if we are going out.
I wear flip flops outdoors in the yard.

I can barely walk in sneakers without tripping sometimes. Let alone attaching an extra few inches to my feet and falling over.........LOL

DogHouseMom 11-20-2012 06:03 PM

Sadly this is not new ... The Chinese women used to bind their feet to keep them small because tiny feet were considered more attractive. The feet were bound as young children and continued until as adults the feet were so grossly bent and folded that they barely resembled feet ... they looked more like triangular hooves.

mrs. fitz 11-20-2012 06:40 PM

For Gramajo who can't find comfortable shoes - best thing that ever happened to my feet was my first pair of Easy Spirit Traveltime. That was several pairs ago. Just recently there was a thread on the QB about comfortable shoes and several brands were recommended. Wish I could remember more specifics but it must be under General Chit-Chat. Maybe you can find it and get some good advice.

Chasing Hawk 11-20-2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5670651)
Sadly this is not new ... The Chinese women used to bind their feet to keep them small because tiny feet were considered more attractive. The feet were bound as young children and continued until as adults the feet were so grossly bent and folded that they barely resembled feet ... they looked more like triangular hooves.

I remember reading that somewhere. Whatever happened to being yourself?....flaws and all

I wonder who thought of that about Chinese women.....Someone sitting around looking at feet and thinking....Wow, I find tiny feet appealing.........I know......Let's bind little baby girls feet up and keep them that way for their entire life. Maybe others will find this attractive too......:0

Dolphyngyrl 11-20-2012 09:10 PM

high heels are so awful for a womens health, don't know why women wear them. It can't be for men because I got plenty without them. I never got the fashion/trendy thing either. why go out of the way to look like everyone else doing the same thing

jitkaau 11-21-2012 03:55 AM

I don't know why the myth exists that high heels look sexy. Lots of them look clunky and make the foot or ankle look deformed. Some of them cause the body to not have correct posture and cause bunions and callouses. I also know that many men agree with me. Sensible shoes do not have to look orthopaedic and one does not want to be crippled in oldage, so I opt for a 'normal' shoe.