Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why You Should NEVER Clean Out Closets! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-you-should-never-clean-out-closets-t169800.html)

NancyBelly 11-25-2011 11:55 AM

Why You Should NEVER Clean Out Closets!

I spent literally hours today looking for two belts for costumes for the Christmas parade tomorrow and cannot find them!Those belts hung there for years and then I cleaned the closet. The belts are gone and I'm at a loss as to what I did with them......SO FRUSTRATED!

nance-ell 11-25-2011 11:58 AM

Happens to me too! I always say that I have an "organized" mess... and I'm the only one who knows where things are. It even happens at work, where I'm compelled to eventually clean off my desk. As soon as I do, someone asks for something and I can't find it for the life of me! In other words, I share your frustration!

luvstoquilt 11-25-2011 12:42 PM

You got that right!

Sandra in Minnesota 11-25-2011 02:09 PM

Isn't that frustrating? That happens to me all the time. If I move it, I will need it for sure.

NancyBelly 11-25-2011 02:31 PM

And never underestimate the free flow of thinking you do in a nice, hot shower! The light went off and I found the belts I tore the house apart trying to find...LOL

A1Lori 11-26-2011 05:19 AM

Been there too! Hope you find them!

MS quilter 11-26-2011 05:38 AM

Can anyone explain that to me? It is very frustrating. What's the cure?

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 11-26-2011 05:44 AM

Our problem is, we have so many things are out mind, it all jumbles together sometimes.. we never just think about nothing...my brain is always twirling about many things not just one...and we wonder why we can't remember what we did with something...lol go figure!!

QuiltnNan 11-26-2011 09:49 AM

happens to me EVERY time. that's why i hate throwing anything out.

Honeynga 11-26-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by NancyBelly (Post 4719058)
I spent literally hours today looking for two belts for costumes for the Christmas parade tomorrow and cannot find them!Those belts hung there for years and then I cleaned the closet. The belts are gone and I'm at a loss as to what I did with them......SO FRUSTRATED!

On Thanksgiving day had family over and one in particular has a great eye for hanging pictures, etc.....so he was moving pictures around and needed a hammer and picture hanging things.....got those, later in the day I was looking for my mega rx pill box....one that has 7 days worth with 4 doses a day.....couldn't find that find anywhere, HOWEVER, where I usually keep it was the plastic box of picture hanging stuff.....yep, I had put my RX's in the drawer with the hammer !!!!! I'm just glad I found the picture hanging stuff or otherwise I guess I would still be looking for my pills ! Shame I'm not taking something for memory loss, but I think it is coming !