Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wife Of Kaufman TX. District Attorney was a quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wife-kaufman-tx-district-attorney-quilter-t218309.html)

bunbytes 04-06-2013 08:44 AM

A senseless waste of life. These were, according to all accounts, wonderful and caring people who used their talents well. We have all suffered a loss when this kind of tragedy happens. My thoughts are with their family, friends and the community.

Lady Diana 04-06-2013 09:36 AM

We have the death penalty in TX. If they find the vermin, that is mostly likely what he/they will get.

fayeberry 04-06-2013 09:52 AM

We have a relative who suddenly passed away recently. One of her quilts was draped on top of her casket beneath the spray of flowers. It was a lovely tribute. So very sad about the Texas family.

tessagin 04-06-2013 10:57 AM

Mclelland worked in Corpus Christi also. Our prayers go out to their family.

Debra Mc 04-06-2013 12:16 PM

This was onef my DH's countys. He works for the state & knew these people. (not wife) Sad day when people can't even do their jobs with out being harmed or killed. This poor lady, how sad & her husband too. Since it was Easter weekend I hope her children didn't find them. Somebody will pay for this.

be a quilter 04-07-2013 09:34 AM

We live in an evil world and according to the Bible it is only going to get worse. I believe when our country made abortion legal they sent a message that says human life is expendable and we are seeing just how far reaching that thought process has taken us. From the very young to the very old and everyone in between. It is a shameful evil thing that we have become.

childofgod 04-07-2013 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by be a quilter (Post 5984407)
We live in an evil world and according to the Bible it is only going to get worse. I believe when our country made abortion legal they sent a message that says human life is expendable and we are seeing just how far reaching that thought process has taken us. From the very young to the very old and everyone in between. It is a shameful evil thing that we have become.

I agree be a quilter. There seems to no longer be respect for human life.

Boston1954 04-07-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by cjackaitlin (Post 5979738)
Life has no meaning to some people. Hope when they find who did this he spends forever in jail.

He will spend forever someplace else too. They think they can get away with stuff by killing off the prosecutor. Nutso!

Carol34446 04-07-2013 06:54 PM

When caught TX will fry them and good ridance to bad rubbish. Too many think the laws and rules of decent society do not apply to them and I am sure whoever did this was paid to do it but some evil person looking at years in jail.

KathyPhillips 04-07-2013 09:56 PM

We have the death penalty in Texas, but that may be too good for him. Maybe spending the rest of his life in prison would be more difficult for him.

Originally Posted by cjackaitlin (Post 5979738)
Life has no meaning to some people. Hope when they find who did this he spends forever in jail.