Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Windows 10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/windows-10-a-t276800.html)

crafty pat 03-17-2016 10:08 AM

Windows 10

For those of you who were having to find a new computer or change to windows 10 I have just picked up my new HP Envy with windows 10. It would be hard to find anyone who knows less about using a computer than me. I never learned much on the Vista but this one is amazing. I am doing things and learning things I have never been able to do before, learning on my own just by playing on it. So if you are afraid to change to 10 don't be if I can use it anyone can.

ManiacQuilter2 03-17-2016 10:50 AM

I am staying with Windows XP. Glad you are finding it easy to navigate thru the new software.

Jingle 03-17-2016 12:58 PM

I plan on leaving my home computer on 7 home premium. So I can load quilt pics.
This work computer has Windows 8, I don't like the cloud or have a problem locating pics.

maviskw 03-18-2016 04:41 AM

My IT man told me my printer would not be compatible with Windows 10. Then my daughter, who is a computer whiz, told me there is no need for me to have it. So I won't get it. I love my printer and don't want to have to buy another.

Yooper32 03-18-2016 05:22 AM

I have a 4yr. old laptop with 7. I have a printer that is probably about 6 yrs. old. I just switched to 10, reluctantly and with ice in my veins, but did it anyhow. I am surviving, I have access to all my pictures and I carry my laptop over to the old printer, put it on top and ran off many a pattern yesterday for the Splendid Sampler. No problems.

Mariposa 03-18-2016 05:26 AM

My hubby just installed it on our laptop. So I have a learning curve to see if it's compatible with my printer too. :P

trolleystation 03-18-2016 12:28 PM

I,too, just bought a new laptop with Windows 10. Was apprehensive at first, but even though I am not a computer whiz. The transition has not been difficult. I will say DO NOT UPDATE WITH THE PROMPT THAT CONSTANTLY ADVISES YOU TO UPDATE ON YOUR SCREEN. My computer repair man told me that he could retire on the income from removing this version of Windows 10. BEWARE.

GramE 03-18-2016 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7496495)
I am staying with Windows XP. Glad you are finding it easy to navigate thru the new software.

I read yesterday, that with some updates the are just updating to Win10 on some computers, without agreements. Hope not mine!

JanieH 03-18-2016 02:13 PM

My computer came with Windows 8 and I was afraid to download 10. Finally I did and I love it!

liking quilting 03-18-2016 05:26 PM

Had a computer guy at work yesterday. He said he's had no problems with it on his home computer. Also, he said there is a 30 day period to change back if you choose. I have had no desire to change yet.