Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Winter storms! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/winter-storms-t240462.html)

collady 02-05-2014 07:49 PM

Winter storms!

There is one positive thing about all the winter storms that have passed over my house so far in the Winter of 2013/2014. I have had a great deal of sewing, knitting, and weaving time. We have been lucky that we have not lost power yet. I have completed several UFO, made 5 baby and youth quilts for my group to donate to the local hospital, quilted 3 tops and made 3 more (plus pillow cases for all three). I have knitted caps, sweaters, scarfs and mittens for family and friends. I have not done as much weaving, but that is okay. I hope that all my friends on QB have found a positive side to the bad weather as I have. Just remember that spring really isn't too far away.

Painiacs 02-05-2014 09:29 PM

Yay!!!!! Good for you!!!! You took lemons and made tons of lemonade!!!! :-)

jollyquilting 02-05-2014 11:09 PM

Wow!!! All I did was embroider while sitting all bundled up in a blanket.

kathdavis 02-05-2014 11:15 PM

Wow! Impressive! It snowed here over 16 hours yesterday. I did finish one project and started another since we didn't have school.

sandy l 02-06-2014 03:53 AM

Yeah, we got snow again, 9.6 inches. Had record snow for Jan., and sure looks like we're going to do it again for Feb. Thank heavens for my fabric stash:D

Abby'smom 02-06-2014 08:12 AM

We have had usually cold (and icy) weather compared with the last 2 years, but nothing like up North!! I am so glad that I am retired and can stay home and not commute -- I feel sorry for those who do commute as the Houston area is not always a nice place to drive anytime during commuting times and with cold and wet, it can be a miserable time-- we have lots of food and quilting stuff and fortunately no power issues -- prayers and hugs for those in the North with real snow and ice!! :)

Jingle 02-06-2014 01:11 PM

Our temperatures have up and down most of this winter. It would be nicer if they would be more consistent., either cold or not so much. I am looking forward to it not getting so cold. I do hate the hot and humid of summer here.

Pam B 02-06-2014 01:51 PM

Good for you! On my snow days from school, I have tried to clean cabinets and closets. I've also done some sewing but have not accomplished much.

gramajo 02-06-2014 04:21 PM

I'm happy for all of you that have had extra quilting time because of the storms, but I'm also envious since shovelling all this snow has seriously cut into my quilting time.

redbreast 02-07-2014 06:41 AM

It wouldn't be quite so bad if we didn't have to go out and shovel before we could do some quilting. By the time I get through with the shoveling (several times due to high winds), it takes me a while to quit puffing so I can enjoy quilting. But like you said, each snow storm brings us closer to spring. Haven't finished anything but do have three projects started and intend to have them finished come warm weather. Of course in the Chicago area that could be a while yet.