Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WOOHOO!!! GOOD NEWS!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/woohoo-good-news-t35393.html)

tlrnhi 01-29-2010 01:30 AM

Yes Barb. This will be our 4th drive cross country. Ok, only 3d for hubby since the drive from CT to CA in 2002, it was just me and Courtney and the cats. Hubby was already in HI. He flew out there 3 months earlier.
It is a great drive, I now have a Tom-Tom to help, plus I have this REALLY COOL atlas that I take everywhere with me.
It will be a rushed trip, since I KNOW we won't get the extra time we are wanting, but as long as we are off the pebble, NEVER to come back, I'll be happy.

barnbum 01-29-2010 02:39 AM

This IS very good news!!! :D

Quilt4u 01-29-2010 02:51 AM

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.

Crafty1 01-29-2010 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
LOL
No, not West "by God" Virginia.
This is VIRGINIA...right underneath Washington, DC and above South Carolina. Right on the coast, 1/2 way down.

That certainly is great news! I hope all goes well with the move and the drive! PS: it's above North Carolina, don't want to confuse anyone else :) When we go camping in VA maybe we can meet up :P

varacefan 01-29-2010 04:09 AM

Even though I haven't "met" you yet on the board, I can feel your excitement! Congratulations! Virginia is an awesome place to live (I've lived here all of my life) :-)

Lockeb 01-29-2010 04:13 AM

Hi Terri..
I love that area of the US....DC is fabulous, West Virginia...and Virginia...the whole area is beauiful - great scenery...I think that Alexandria is in Virginia..if I remember the town correctly.......a beautiful place...there a hotel or restaurant there that has the origianl African Queen boat right in the lobby... and then again, I may have mixed up my town and states......it's been a long time....
Bill

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-29-2010 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
LOL
No, not West "by God" Virginia.
This is VIRGINIA...right underneath Washington, DC and above South Carolina. Right on the coast, 1/2 way down.

LMAO! My Mama is from Virginia and she ALWAYS says "not West, by God, Virginia"!

Good luck!

Katrine 01-29-2010 04:44 AM

Such good news for you Terri - dont't forget to pick up the gardening stuff on your overland journey so's you'll be all ready
to start!

nursie76 01-29-2010 05:15 AM

Terri - I can tell that you are doing the hApPy DaNcE!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! We visit my BIL in VA frequently. He lives about 30 miles east of DC, near Fairfax. If you are anywhere near, maybe we can meet sometime and scope out the LQS's.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

LoriJ 01-29-2010 05:21 AM

YEAH!!! Virginia is a wonderful place, are you going to be in Norfolk? Only a few hours from my house and there's a really fun quilt show every February in Hampton. You'll have a blast coming across country that time of year.