Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Woohoo-I'm so excited (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/woohoo-im-so-excited-t33916.html)

amma 01-12-2010 09:43 AM

That is so awesome!!! (((HUGS)))
They have done the same type of lectures here, and they have been a big help to many people :D:D:D

Quilter7x 01-12-2010 10:44 AM

What you're about to do will become a great big deal to those listening to your lectures. It's a great idea that uses your knowledge and works with your medical condition.

Great thinking! :)

LovingIzabella 01-12-2010 11:00 AM

Thank you all :-) I really am. i love what I do and to help others so why not combine them and see what kind of an outreach I can get and how much of an impact I can have.
thank you all again-and quite frankly I think it is rude Pam if they send rude emails when someone is offering a service to them-a simple no thank you would suffice.
Hugs
April

Quilt Mom 01-12-2010 11:44 AM

Sounds like a great opportunity to give back! Enjoy!

BellaBoo 01-12-2010 12:52 PM

That's great! I belong to a community group and we are always looking for a speaker for our programs. You have no idea how much you will be appreciated by doing this for your community.

Ninnie 01-12-2010 12:55 PM

Good for you!! W#hat a wonderful way to give back!

nursie76 01-12-2010 12:56 PM

What an awesome way to have a positive influence on someones life and future. The community is so lucky to have you.

montanaquilter 01-12-2010 12:58 PM

that's really awesome April! I hope your lecture is a huge success and what a great way to give back to your community, i'm sure a lot of people will learn alot and appreciate you taking the time to educate them. Good luck and have fun with it!!

BellaBoo 01-12-2010 12:59 PM

Don't look, start your own opportunity. I went to the community building and found a day each month that it was free for a few hours, booked it and put up bulletins for free community quilt classes. The first class I had 60 people show up! I got some class members to help and we are still having the classes and it's been 5 years now. I did the same with a knitting group. I wanted to learn how to knit so I put up bulletins announcing the start of a knitting class/group at the community center. The first class 9 showed up and four of them knew how to knit and started teaching the rest of us. Check out free room at the local library, churches, community centers, or a business back room not in use. Some banks have free meeting rooms too. Start your own community service, never know what will develop.

Barbm 01-12-2010 01:44 PM

Awesome April! I love an educated customer! (I do real estate closings- the housing crisis- don't get me started- the writing was on the wall- Lenders knew what they were doing!)

Anyway- I think you are making a great decision to give to the community and they will be so much better for it! A big "ATTAGIRL" to you!