Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you buy an Ipad at Walmart or Target? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-buy-ipad-walmart-target-t184481.html)

sandypants 03-30-2012 04:19 PM

Would you buy an Ipad at Walmart or Target?

I am looking into about buying an Ipad 2 and was wondering where most of you bought yours. I'm not real crazy about Best Buy...Opinions please! Thanks

DogHouseMom 03-30-2012 04:26 PM

From what I understand, it doesn't make a difference where you buy an Apple device because A) the products are all the same and B) none of the sellers provide 'service' - all service must be done direct by Apple (meaning you can't even bring the device to the store and let the store send it to Apple - the consumer must deal direct with Apple for all service).

but ... that's only what I heard, you might want to verify that.

alikat110 03-30-2012 04:27 PM

I have purchased other electronics there w/o issues. still watching large flat screen Visio television after 4 years. beautiful picture!!!

charity-crafter 03-30-2012 04:40 PM

With name brand products, I go with who ever has the best price.

Joset 03-31-2012 04:20 AM

my husband bought one at walmart. took it back. now only goes to radio shack. they have good customer service too. i have no idea why it didnt work right. i am not good at them things.

MissSandra 03-31-2012 04:25 AM

its all about the innner componets not everything is made with quality componets. which is what i believe. and how walmart and such get away with cheaper prices

willferg 03-31-2012 05:56 AM

Check the Apple website, too, and go to Apple store and scroll to the bottom to refurbished. You get the same warranty with a discounted price, if the product is available -- not a bad way to go!

deedum 03-31-2012 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 5104561)
Check the Apple website, too, and go to Apple store and scroll to the bottom to refurbished. You get the same warranty with a discounted price, if the product is available -- not a bad way to go!

Agree, I would check the apple website! However, I have a friend that buys all his electronics at Walmart, maybe not the most updated and latest products but certaintly does want we need. Afterall, 5 days after you buy electronics they become outdated fast. I say do your homework, check around and ask others before spending your money. One nice thing about Walmart is their return policy, something to check out.

Wine Woman 03-31-2012 06:23 AM

I would if it was a better price. I prefer Target over Wall Mart though. Excellent customer service and easy returns. Apple supports their products no matter where they were purchased.

Tartan 03-31-2012 08:13 AM

I would confirm at the electronic desk that it could be returned if opened, before purchasing one there. I heard here that someone had a bit of a hassle to return one but did finally get it resolved.