Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you get a quilt tattoo? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-get-quilt-tattoo-t144171.html)

gigi10 08-11-2011 12:36 PM

No not me.

Quiltaddict 08-11-2011 12:43 PM

Nope, no tattoos for me. My son has his whole arm tattooed and I hate it. Love him though.

Stitchnripper 08-11-2011 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I worked at a Nursing home when I was 18 and saw the older folks there with tatoos..that turned me off...thank goodness...so glad I do not have one.

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
Never!! I've seen people with tatoos who are over the age of 65 and the tatoos look awful. Wrinkled and sagging. Not for me.

Oh my yes, I look at my skin and think, if there were a tattoo on it, how awful it would look! The "young'uns" don't think they are ever going to look "crumpled" as my darling granddaughter said to me. ("Grandma, why is your neck crumpled?") Gotta love her!!!

quilt3311 08-11-2011 01:11 PM

Nope, but we did have a grand time after one of our quilt trips. We all bought one of the stick on tatoos and had a ball with it when we got home. My DH didn't fall for it though, he took one look and asked how long it would take to wash off. HE knows how much I HATE needles! of course quilting needles do not count. ha

patimint 08-11-2011 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I feel the same...Not for me...

Originally Posted by SEW
No I would not get a tattoo...of any kind! I can't wrap my brain around injecting a permanent dye into my skin. Besides, I work as a nurse in a nursing home, and let's just say... tatoo's don't age well!

Not for me either.

quilt3311 08-11-2011 01:15 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention, DS told me he was going to get a tattoo on his big toe, I just shook my head --then he told me it would read "try CPR one more time" He really had me going for a while though.

Judith1005 08-11-2011 01:27 PM

no, if i had it to do over again....i wouldn't get one at all!!! or i would have picked a diff place. where i wanted it instead of doing it for someone else :!: :!: :!: i was stupid!!!!!!!!!!

purplefiend 08-11-2011 01:41 PM

I'm not into pain...so no tattoo for me. I think all my freckles would spoil the look of a tattoo anyhow.
My DD has several.

Johanna Fritz 08-11-2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
My son is trying to talk me into getting a quilting tattoo. But they sound so painful and I'm such a weenie. I think I'm going to though, a really really small one!
Love that machine but it looks too painful LOL

Cute machine, but tatoos are no friend of gravity. Eventually they all look like blue blobs. I think God made us all in His image. I don't want to "paint by number" on that canvas, IMHO.

BellaBoo 08-11-2011 01:50 PM

No, just my personal preference to not like tattoos. I haven't seen one on any female I think is attractive. I usually just say when shown one, that's interesting. DD got a tiny one on her hip but had the easy to remove ink so she had no no scaring when she had it removed a few years later. Tattoos aren't cheap if done by a professional tattoo artist. Some run into thousands of dollars. DD's tiny frog was about $400 and close to $1000 to have removed. ?