Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you get a quilt tattoo? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-get-quilt-tattoo-t144171.html)

ube quilting 08-10-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
Never!! I've seen people with tatoos who are over the age of 65 and the tatoos look awful. Wrinkled and sagging. Not for me.

This from that wise old sage Maxine:

"Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos and pierced navels?" (Now that's scary!)

We'll all have cataracs so who cares! Ha

ontheriver 08-10-2011 03:33 PM

I have two already, not quilting though.

ube quilting 08-10-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun

Originally Posted by ube quilting

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
Never!! I've seen people with tatoos who are over the age of 65 and the tatoos look awful. Wrinkled and sagging. Not for me.

HA! without the tatoo would the people not be wrinkled and saggy!

I think she meant the tatoos were wrinkled and sagging.

Tatoos are under the skin of a wrinkled old person like me. I'd still be wrinkled and old with out a tat so whats the dif!

DawnMarie 08-10-2011 03:35 PM

I won't get a tattoo, but if I can lose 35 lbs., I'll get my belly button pierced. :)

QuiltnCowgirl 08-10-2011 03:36 PM

LOL never thought of quilt art as what to get in a tattoo.

Jan in VA 08-10-2011 03:44 PM

Not a snowball's chance in h---!

Jan in VA

Mariposa 08-10-2011 03:46 PM

Nope! Not my thing!

janallyn 08-10-2011 03:49 PM

my boyfriend is 74 he has one "finally", that was the last boat he was going to buy and that was about 30 years old, ha, he would be covered like a maori (sp?) if that was true, but his a little faded but still looks great, now he has another, a rooster, that was a dare, and popeye, that is his nick name, they really do look good, but i think men age different than women, his skin is very thick, and he spends a lot of time in the sun due to his work and is in great shape because of his work, they do look good, his next is betty grable, but if i put a dolphin on me (will be 60 in jan)it would most likely look like a dead mackrel in march,me i am going to pass, but i do think they are cool, just not me, my son looks like a hulking beach bum with his daughters name him , but he is thirty, i told him, just put it where it will not sag, i do not do pain, just a coward

DesiG 08-10-2011 03:53 PM

You just need to be careful where you put them... not in a place that distorts with the effects of long term gravity :-)

luvstitches 08-10-2011 03:56 PM

A quilting tatoo would be the only one I would choose.
However, I don't want something permanent on my body.
I've paid too much money for art on my walls and have grown tired of looking at them. Too easy to take them off the wall. lol So none for me!