Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   xoxoxo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/xoxoxo-t53284.html)

sew_lulu 07-07-2010 08:22 AM

I didn't realized how rewarding it is to raise a child.

I wake up every morning to "I love you, mommy." and a kiss.

I guess I'm the luckiest woman and just wanted to share.

(I had help with my pregnancy)

quiltilicious 07-07-2010 08:24 AM

remember these days, you are going to need them once the child hits 12 or 13...

(If I can coax a hug out of my 16 year old once every couple of months, I feel ahead of the game)

littlehud 07-07-2010 08:27 AM

I always said being a mom was the best thing in the world. There is one thing better and it's being a grandma. :-D :-D

sueisallaboutquilts 07-07-2010 08:34 AM

Lulu- so glad you shared that. Really makes me miss my little ones who got big awfully fast!!!!!!!! :D
Can't wait for the next generation!!!

susie0808 07-07-2010 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by quiltilicious

(If I can coax a hug out of my 16 year old once every couple of months, I feel ahead of the game)

Me too!! (16 yr old son). Tough cookie. Can't wait for him to out grow it.
Daughter 20 huggy kissy very affectionate now. She got better when she was 15.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-07-2010 08:43 AM

I have a brother who did the cutest things. My Mom baked every day when we were kids so there were always lots of friends at the house. Whenever my bro and his friends left many of them hugged or kissed her. My brother would run out and then ALWAYS run back to kiss her. He just didn't want his friends to see :D

raptureready 07-07-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by sew_lulu

I was 45 when my one and only was born. It was such a strange sensation to sit in my chair with her. Two people when there had been just us as one. . . . She's 11 now but I cherish and every moment. They're only this age right now, this second, never to be repeated. I used to tell myself that so that I would remember and cherish, now I tell myself that to keep from getting angry over some of the things she does. LOL No, I still cherish each moment and love the way she's growing into a beautifully modest young lady with a great sense of right and wrong and the knowledge of how to use that sense.

sew_lulu 07-07-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready

I was 45 when my one and only was born. It was such a strange sensation to sit in my chair with her. Two people when there had been just us as one. . . . She's 11 now but I cherish and every moment. They're only this age right now, this second, never to be repeated. I used to tell myself that so that I would remember and cherish, now I tell myself that to keep from getting angry over some of the things she does. LOL No, I still cherish each moment and love the way she's growing into a beautifully modest young lady with a great sense of right and wrong and the knowledge of how to use that sense.

raptureready,
I'm an older mom too. I do cherish every moment! Although, it's getting harder now since he turned three. I heard it's more difficult than the "terrible two".

sew_lulu 07-07-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by quiltilicious

I will try too. Plus I have this post to remind later.

:D

raptureready 07-07-2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready

raptureready,
I'm an older mom too. I do cherish every moment! Although, it's getting harder now since he turned three. I heard it's more difficult than the "terrible two".

My main problem at that age was that she could toddle faster than I could waddle. :lol: I think when we're older we have more patience. At least we do until the hot flashes start. :lol: Right now we're going through the stages where she has mood swings from her hormones waking up and I have them from mine going to sleep. Makes for some interesting days. :thumbup: