Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are you a crier? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-crier-t136956.html)

Glassquilt 07-12-2011 03:37 AM

I cry.

smagruder 07-12-2011 03:39 AM

Yes, I am a crier. When my son was at the Air Force Academy and we were there for parents weekend, we had a little time to use while waiting for our son to meet up with us. We were walking on the area where a lot of planes were and there were plaques on each model.... for some reason I cried the whole time. My husband never said a word. I was so overcome with emotion that I just simply cried. Today, I still tear up at all kinds of things... Military gets me really bad.

earlylace 07-12-2011 03:42 AM

did you do anything to help the imbalance? my SIL has the same problem.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
it is a hormonal imbalance..I used to it all the time...now, not so much..though some days...movies really get me...

Julie in NM 07-12-2011 04:17 AM

Crier? Who me? Oh..yes. Box of tissues by the computer.

cindit 07-12-2011 04:22 AM

I cry when I worship at church, when I think of my dad and mom, who are in heaven, when I think of my children and grandchildren, when I sing the national anthem and we honor those in the Armed Services, at sappy commercials and Andy Griffith shows. I'm just glad I feel so deeply!!

Wonnie 07-12-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by 4EVERquilt
Has nothing to do with hormones, mayb you might cry a little more if your hormones are imbalanced. Crying is a normal part of life, if you don't cry then something is wrong. Tears are pearls from the heart. Someone once told me that and I will never forget it!!

WOW! What a gem!

SparkMonkey 07-12-2011 04:50 AM

I tend to cry over powerful images, whether in photos, movies or books. Secretariat's Belmont (go look it up on YouTube) will get me every.single.time. That was athletic perfection and a one-in-a-billion race. Even just thinking about it chokes me up. I cry about eight times through the course of Forrest Gump, especially when Jenny goes running across the Washington Monument reflecting pool during the Vietnam rally. There's a movie called Sweet Land that has one particular scene where a farmer is facing the loss of his farm. I actually had to stop the movie and get the cry out before I could continue.

When it comes to everyday life, however, I don't really cry that much. I'm most likely to cry when I'm frustrated, but I try really hard not to get to that point because I know I get unreasonable and snappish, and I don't like behaving that way towards people I love. I'm more likely to walk away and chill for a few minutes. Usually when I return to what I was doing (or discussing) I feel a lot better.

When I hurt myself (stubbed toe, smashed finger) I just swear a lot. ;)

libbiebean 07-12-2011 05:02 AM

I used to tell the kids I was washing my eyeballs.

yolanda 07-12-2011 05:04 AM

I cry easily before that time of the month ... and also for sad reasons of course...

LindaR 07-12-2011 05:09 AM

I cry privately at sad things in novels, movies, someones illness..etc...Ithink it comes with age LOL