Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   You'll never believe what my DH just told me. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/youll-never-believe-what-my-dh-just-told-me-t151502.html)

arizonagirl 09-08-2011 10:10 PM

My DH just told me I should have an affair, because it would take less of my time than this board does...lol

BETTY62 09-08-2011 10:15 PM

Tell your DH that you will just keep him around because you don't have time for an affair.

Airwick156 09-08-2011 10:21 PM

Dang that made my chin hit the floor!!!
Sounds like hes a bit jealous and feels like hes being pushed aside. Geez what is it with men...they all think they have to be the center of attention at all times.
Aww just tell him that the board is better then an affair...it fulfills all your desires, needs and wants. LOL

Peckish 09-08-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Geez what is it with men...they all think they have to be the center of attention at all times.

This is funny - I've always thought it was the other way around, with women thinking they have to be the center of attention! Except for us quilters, of course. lol! :wink:

Carrie Jo 09-09-2011 03:21 AM

That is funny.

orangeroom 09-09-2011 03:31 AM

The following is to be read sincerely, not sarcastically; Awe. He's feeling lonely. He wants to spend more of your time together.

I heard from one of my friends who had turned into an avid texter, that her DH was jealous that she was texting a lot when they were together. She now limits her texting to when she's not around him. From that, I've decided that when I am texting and hubby's near, I let him know who I'm texting and what I'm texting. He's funny. Sometimes if I'm responding to someone, I forget to tell him. He asks "Who are you bee-booping?" My cell makes funny beep noises when I text.

While on this site, time flies and when DH or my children are around, I find I need to limit myself or put a timer on...

He misses you, take a time out and chat with him.

grendelskin 09-09-2011 03:50 AM

I tell my spouse that there are WAY worse midlife crises I could have fallen into! I kiss him and tell him, "Be glad it's not a sports car or a golf pro!"

I see this time as an investment - someday my kids will leave and I will need something other than my dear husband's constant companionship to make my days satisfying. By the time the kids go, I'll be accomplished enough to quilt both creatively and relaxed-ly!

KarenR 09-09-2011 03:53 AM

This reminds me of the MASH episode - where the guy thought his wife was having an affair because she game him permission to fool around.

GingerK 09-09-2011 03:56 AM

I know what you mean! DH is away from home Sun. night thru Thurs. night. You should see me frantically dashing up here to this board, as his car pulls out of the driveway, and sneaking a quick 15 minutes here with my coffee on the week ends.

I never complain about the time he spends watching dyi or woodworking shows even tho I am not as interested in them any more.

luvTooQuilt 09-09-2011 03:59 AM

He misses you...