Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Your Favorite Actor. What Made You Like Him? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/your-favorite-actor-what-made-you-like-him-t52932.html)

Boston1954 07-05-2010 05:39 AM

Even though I was very young (six) the first time I saw him, I think it was his voice. It is very memorable. He was in the movie "How the West Was Won". Ever hear of him? His name was Gregory Peck.

LovingIzabella 07-05-2010 05:41 AM

John Travolta hands down lol I have been a fan since I was a little girl. To me he is such a diverse actor and long standing as well. It does not hurt that he is a good looking man with striking blue eyes :-D I own every movie he was ever in (even ones that never made it big :shock: lol)
Hugs
April

jackkip 07-05-2010 05:45 AM

Sean Connery....what a guy. I would love to be his bond girl :oops:

Boston1954 07-05-2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip

Yes, but what is it that made you start to like him?

Pam 07-05-2010 05:51 AM

John Wayne. I have always loved horses and watched the westerns and of course, there was John. It was John Wayne weekend on AMC, saw lots of old movies while I was sewing.

sewjoyce 07-05-2010 05:54 AM

Jimmy Stewart -- his voice and dry wit. His starring in some of the Hitchcock thrillers are my favorite... :D

jackkip 07-05-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954

Originally Posted by jackkip

Yes, but what is it that made you start to like him?

\

He is just so damn good looking. He is a wonderful actor and so smooth........

fabric-holic 07-05-2010 06:12 AM

James Cagney----sense of humor, cute, good dancer. The first movie I saw him in was Yankee Doodle Dandy. I was a teenage I think. After that when I saw the gangster ones he made, I had a difficult time believing it was the same guy. But I like all his movies now.

stitchinwitch 07-05-2010 06:16 AM

You animal ladies!! - Here is MY list
Not in any special order
1. Robert Duvall - Any movie I see him in I love - He is SUCH a good actor!

2. Morgan Freeman - LOVE his acting - I will see anything he is in!

3. Anthony Quinn - he made my blood boil - he is or WAS quite a PASSIONATE man - forget about the movies - I just liked to LOOK at him???????I just don't know what he had!

4. Pierce Brosnan - LOVED him (even with his singing voice) in Mamma Mia

5. Robert DiNiro - when he acts, he BECOMES the role - oh! Cape Fear was one of his BESTS!

6. I reserve the right to add on later...........

mrspete 07-05-2010 07:16 AM

well, I'm with stitchinwitch, you can't have JUST ONE.

Top of my list is Paul Newman. And let me tell you, I lowered my flag to half-mast last year. But, Robert DuVal in Lonesome Dove had me sobbing, Sean Connery always has me swooming. Yep, this list ain't finished, you betcha bippy.

Blessings,
Ruth