Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Yuck! I found a tick. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/yuck-i-found-tick-t63987.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 09-13-2010 06:19 PM

Carrie, sorry to hear you had a rough week AND the tick! I'm catching up here :)

Naturalmama 09-13-2010 08:06 PM

Was it a tiny deer tick or a big wood tick? I thought it was the tiny ones that carried lymes - even so, we were in Southern IL in June and I had an attached deer tick - but the locals assured me that the occurrence of lymes down there was pretty low anyway. Anyway, so far I've been fine. Hopefully the same for you!

cjomomma 09-13-2010 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Was it a tiny deer tick or a big wood tick? I thought it was the tiny ones that carried lymes - even so, we were in Southern IL in June and I had an attached deer tick - but the locals assured me that the occurrence of lymes down there was pretty low anyway. Anyway, so far I've been fine. Hopefully the same for you!

It was a tiny tick. But I haven't heard any any lime disease here. But with my luck, well you know!!!

twistedsheets 09-13-2010 08:35 PM

Even tho you got it out I would put a drop of lavender oil, tea tree oil from Walmart , or even some I beleive clove oil, which you have to ask for from the druggist. Don't need prescriction and clove will also numb any pain you may have. It's used for toothaches and infections in gums. All will fight infection , but don't use more than twice a day.They are concentrated oils and should not be overdone.

cjomomma 09-13-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Even tho you got it out I would put a drop of lavender oil, tea tree oil from Walmart , or even some I beleive clove oil, which you have to ask for from the druggist. Don't need prescriction and clove will also numb any pain you may have. It's used for toothaches and infections in gums. All will fight infection , but don't use more than twice a day.They are concentrated oils and should not be overdone.

Thank you. I don't have any pain and I just looked at it and the spot seems to be going away. Infact it hasn't bothered me at all. No pain and no itching.

grammyp 09-13-2010 08:40 PM

SonIL got one of my grandson last week. We have them most of the year around here. At least till we get a nice hard freeze. Most ticks are not carriers, just keep an eye on the bite.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-14-2010 06:10 AM

I never saw a tick until we moved to Ohio, they are nasty! Absolutely disgusting. We had to get them off our dog and check the kids all the time.

cjomomma 09-14-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I never saw a tick until we moved to Ohio, they are nasty! Absolutely disgusting. We had to get them off our dog and check the kids all the time.

I have been checking little man for them. So far so good.