Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: product packaging changes and recipes!!

When I was in high school 69-72, we used to make fudge. It was wonderful. Made it every year at Christmas, then one year about 6 years ago it failed, tried making it again, thinking I did something wrong, and it failed again. It was horrid and grainy. Spoke to other family members and they had the same thing happen. I was ready to pitch the recipe and my husband started reading weights and started playing with the recipe wrote it out and it has been fine since. But I also think there have been some ingredients had changes in them more than weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    I've learned to put weights and/or measures on my favorite recipes now!

I have an old recipe that calls for "a 5 cent Hershey bar" - - - -

Now I would say "approximately four ounces of a milk chocolate Hershey bar"

The weights and volume are changing on just about everything.
    I remember buying and eating many 5 cent Hershey bars! That must be a very old recipe. Tasty too I bet.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Well it looks like we will have to start buying local more and pre packaged less. I haven't used margrine in years after I read how many chemicals it has in it. I don't buy chocolate as often anymore, what I try to buy is organic and free trade etc so much more expensive and haven't bought Hershey bars in a couple of years. It became too sweet also waxy feeling to the mouth. I haven't made cookies in a number of years so will make sure I check the packages if I do this year. I remember someone once told me , Something is only worth as much as someone will pay for it. So If I can do without something I don't give them my money. I would do more bread baking canning etc if my health weren't so lousy . I hate having to buy premade things.

Blog Entries
    Isn't it annoying that the procuct companies think we don't notice?????
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by greenini View Post
    This practice long predates the draught, it's the greedy companies thinking we "stupid" consumers never noticed when they slipped an once or 2 silently out of the coffee can, detergent box, cake mix box, etc. I wish there was some way to let them know we have noticed and are not happy about it! I think they started with the coffee and cranberries at least 10 yrs ago, maybe more.
    Totally agree!!

Blog Entries
    my husband likes canned milk, evaporated. in coffee mainly. well it's changed. my small kitty who always used to meow for a bit of milk, turns her nose up at it now. me too, ick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2