Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Question about Hobby Lobby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftymatt2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinglady54
    I really like Hobby Lobby. For the most part, their fabric is a pretty good quality, although you do have to watch some. Those 40% off coupons are great. For some other craft items, they are a little more expensive. ENJOY!
    One thing that DOES annoy me about HL is that they still use price tags and not scanners on their registers. This can delay the check out process as the clerk has to KNOW everything that is on sale. Yes, they do have a "cheat sheet" available. Can't believe in this day and age of technology, that they don't use what is available.
    I am surprised your stores do not have scanners, our stores here in Illinois do have the scanners and has had them several years.
    Our new store in Daytona Beach has scanners.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Quote Originally Posted by matraina
    They have a LOT more stuff than Michaels.
    must depend on the Michaels in your area. We don't have one here in my town but we have HL and the only thing they have MORE of than Michaels is the READY DECOR junk from China.
    As far as crafting stuff...HL is VERY lacking in that area! Especially in the sewing/quilting area!
    yes, it very well may be different by area because here in ne ohio Michaels has NOTHING FOR QUILTING. no fabric, templates nada. they have yarn and a decent florals and decent, not good, scrapbooking area. I do go to Michaels when I need yarn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrio
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Quote Originally Posted by matraina
    They have a LOT more stuff than Michaels.
    must depend on the Michaels in your area. We don't have one here in my town but we have HL and the only thing they have MORE of than Michaels is the READY DECOR junk from China.
    As far as crafting stuff...HL is VERY lacking in that area! Especially in the sewing/quilting area!
    yes, it very well may be different by area because here in ne ohio Michaels has NOTHING FOR QUILTING. no fabric, templates nada. they have yarn and a decent florals and decent, not good, scrapbooking area. I do go to Michaels when I need yarn
    I guess there must be difference in all the stores Our Michaels has no sewing things either, it is a clean uncluttered store, where as the one by us in IL was a mess, very cluttered and you could hardly go through the aisles.
    HL has some sewing supplies and the fabric is very nice, I wish they had more. And the store is very clean and huge. I like both stores.

Crafts and home decor, mostly. Good framing area. They are Christian owned and not open on Sundays!!! Yea for them (although sometimes annoying for me.... lol)

Quote Originally Posted by llamalady
    Thanks so much for the information. Now I can't wait to get there. Sounds like I should be prepared to spend a lot of time when I go!
    I used to work for a Hobby Lobby, please be advised to wear comfortable shoes when you go the first time. Don't plan anything else around that time period either. As far as what they don't sell...if you do any cross stitching, don't go there to look for "Paper styled Aida" they don't carry it. I have been wanting to learn to tat, they seem to have more to offer than Joanns (which I work at now). The only thing that I know that doesn't go on sale is the Charger Plates but they are rasonable priced at $2.99 or $3.29 it's been awhile since I bought them. Value pack candles like the ones in the little aluminum cups are never on sale either.

Quote Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    Quote Originally Posted by craftymatt2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinglady54
    I really like Hobby Lobby. For the most part, their fabric is a pretty good quality, although you do have to watch some. Those 40% off coupons are great. For some other craft items, they are a little more expensive. ENJOY!
    One thing that DOES annoy me about HL is that they still use price tags and not scanners on their registers. This can delay the check out process as the clerk has to KNOW everything that is on sale. Yes, they do have a "cheat sheet" available. Can't believe in this day and age of technology, that they don't use what is available.
    I am surprised your stores do not have scanners, our stores here in Illinois do have the scanners and has had them several years.
    Our new store in Daytona Beach has scanners.
    the reason for not having the scanners (in the past) was because they were trying to keep the prices down for the customers, as having the new technologies will raise the good prices that they have tried to offer

Dee
    Love Hob Lob. Wish one was closer to me.

We have a new HL near work and it is too close for comfort if u know what I mean!!!!! I love the way they set up all specialty things together...like ducks, roosters, light houses, and so much in their own little sections. Every holiday they have great sales and u can get some great buys if u wait for the 75% off. I have bought a lot of Halloween things there for so little on sale. Really like the fabric too when on sale and the one here now has a huge sale going on.....

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    our Hobby Lobby has most fabric 30% off right now. I wish more sales were at the beginning of the month when my pension check hits. oh, maybe that wouldn't be so good. I really should stick to paying the bills first! lol

Go to www.hobbylobby.com the get the coupons.

You will love it! They are one of my favorite stores!

Blog Entries
    Hobby Lobby is national and like Joan's and Walmart some are better than others.

they will change slowly over time to accomodate the area the store is built in. if it is a big quilt area, their quilting notions and fabrics will grow. if it is a crafty area they will increase in that department.

I think you will like the store.

They are a christian based store.

They are a christian based store.

As far as I am concerned, lol, the smartest thing HL did was build in the small area where Walmart holds down one corner, next to a shopping area with a couple of shops I have no idea what they are, a craft store whose name I can't remember, lol....have been in there a couple times... . This is directly across the street from Lowes, which has the service road that leads right up to HL, Kohls, PetSmart, AT&T, Dollar Tree, couple of restaurants, turn the corner...keep rolling, up to Publix, and other stores, lol. All the practically one stop shopping you could ever want.

Being in that area is what got me into HL to start with, and I went in just to see what they had. If I had been tired, I would have missed the fabric. I really wish all these really big stores would place a nice bench somewhere around the middle, lol. I would spend more money if I wasn't tired out half way around.

Now that I understand the coupons and sales, I guess I will buy more there. I did wander back from the restroom thru the art area, and noticed they have a lot of templates for design that could probably be used in quilting. Hmmmm. Also some small cutting mats over there. I stopped to look at a paint brush to clean out the sewing machine, but think I will pick that up at Walmart or Lowes.

Hobby Lobby is a wonderful store! :thumbup:
    The fabrics are good too.
    There's one just up the road from me. :-D

Good question and answers from everyone. This reminded me that I hadn't been into HL for a long time. Even though we're 70 miles from one, we get to that town often enough to be able to stop. Ours is off the highway and a little harder to get to, which affects how often I get there. Thanks for the heads-up on the coupons, everyone.

Just don't plan on going on a Sunday, they are closed.

I love HL, and find their Home Decor fabric top quality!

Blog Entries
    Too many post to see if this has been mentioned or not, but most of the time HL has their material on sale for 30% off, if you have a 40 or 50% coupon off tell them to use the 40 or 50% off when figuring the discount. Boy I'm not sure if this is understandable or not. Hope so.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4