Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about Jelly Rolls

Question about Jelly Rolls

I have not purchased a Jelly Roll before & I am looking for a roll with NO repeats. Need 40 strips. What companies or web sites would carry these? Almost all that I have seen have 1 or 2 repeats. We have a winter project that requires this. Thanks for any help on this.

I have not seen any jelly rolls from a fabric manufacturer that didn't repeat. A few quilt shops have had a 20 pc. roll with no repeats. Maybe a swap with quilt buddies??

I don't know about repeats but, try Missouri Star Quilt Company's on line store. MSQC for short. They sell lots of Jelly Rolls, Charms = 5" Squares and Layer Cakes = 10" Squares, among other things.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

The ones I got with no repeats were batiks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoffman-Bati...-/111296456569

I found batik 40 pc jelly roll with no repeats. Not cheap, but really pretty. and they had several to choose from

I think that will be hard to find in a printed fabric. Most precuts are entire lines of certain fabrics and there aren't 40 different fabrics in the line. But I have seen Batik jellyrolls that are one each.

Blog Entries
    The strips at Connecting Threads contain one each of the line plus matching blenders or plain fabric. The number of the strips varies depending on how many different fabrics are in the line. You could order two different but coordinating lines to get 40 strips with no repeats.

Some private quilt stores sell the jelly rows cut from their own fabrics and there are no repeats. Very hard to find but I wish you luck.

Jelly roll with no repeats

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteO View Post

I found batik 40 pc jelly roll with no repeats. Not cheap, but really pretty. and they had several to choose from
    I just made a quilt with a Hoffman Bali Batik. The one I used was called Volcano. It had no repeats. Beautiful.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Check out Missouri Star. You can check all the jelly rolls to see if there are doubles. Click a JR & you get to a page with a description & a pic to click on to show how many fabrics there are. Free Spirit & Riley Blake will have 2-3 of each print. Moda will depend on the designer. Somerset says some duplicates but the pic of the fabric shows 40 pc. so with a 42 strip roll there will be 2 doubles. I have been disappointed on other sites with doubles/triples so now I try to remember to check.

I'm not sure what colors you want or need but try Jelly Roll Fabric; they only sell jellies. They have 20 fabric rolls of 20 different fabrics and their prices are very, very reasonable. I think one jelly is about 12 or 13 bucks. (Not affiliated, just love the quality of fabric and prices of that shop.)

http://www.jellyrollfabric.net/20-Fa...olls_c_14.html

MSQC has jelly rolls without repeats. Just check on the description. They are great on the size of the rolls and the fabric within. Have fun looking and buying.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteO View Post

Actually, I have purchased one of these before and there were two of each print.
    Challys

Lover of people, kitties, learning to quilt, etc. etc.

Most fabric manufacturers do NOT print 42 prints from one fabric line. I would shop for TWO Juniors jelly roils and then you won't have any repeats. You can always go to the fabric manufacturer website to see the various lines of fabric they have for sale in quilt stores.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort