Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question on how to use earphones on my Fire HD8 >

Question on how to use earphones on my Fire HD8

Question on how to use earphones on my Fire HD8

Old 07-02-2017, 07:10 AM

Default Question on how to use earphones on my Fire HD8

I have several sets of earphones that I tried plugging into my newest Kindle Fire HD8 but no sounds comes out of them. Do I have to pair the device with Bluetooth in order to have my Audible books work with this, and if so, any link that will tell me how to do this?
Old 07-02-2017, 07:29 AM

You should just be able to plug them in the earplug port and listen just fine. Make sure you have the volume up!
K
Old 07-03-2017, 04:32 AM

You may need to have the Kindle checked out. I had one tablet that had this problem, the sound would work until I plugged the headphones in. I took it in, they thought it was a software problem, updated it but it did the same thing, they ended up replacing the device
Old 07-04-2017, 06:44 AM

Thanks for this romanojig. I bought it through Amazon website and not sure how to have it checked out locally. Any ideas?

Roberta
Old 07-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Amazon has a Kindle forum. You can get answers to most all problems there.

Here is Amazon phone for real live help. You will get a phone call back in minutes but being today is a holiday I would wait until tomorrow but you never know.

1-866-321-8851

Last edited by Onebyone; 07-04-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

If you think your Kindle has a problem, it is easy to set up a return for it. Just go into your "orders" section and click on the "return or replace item" button to the right of the Kindle. If you mark it as not working, the return postage will be free. Just print out the return authorization and place it inside the box with the Kindle, and print out the return postage page and tape that to the outside of the package.

There is a time limit on returns, so don't wait too long. However, I would definitely check out the Kindle forum and the live help telephone line tomorrow if you have time. Just in case it's a simple problem. With my extremely limited knowledge of electronics, it does sound to me as if your Kindle has a defect and should be returned.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:05 AM

I don't know the first thing about a Kindle but I do know that if I use ear phones on my computer & the volume is on low or mute I will get no sound. Depending on what I am listening to it may be the volume on the computer or on the site that I've gone to to listen. Just a thought from someone who does not know.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Found this website that explains adjusting volume on a Kindle. Maybe it will help.
http://thenakedtablet.com/change-kindle-fire-volume/
Old 07-05-2017, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Thanks for this romanojig. I bought it through Amazon website and not sure how to have it checked out locally. Any ideas?

Roberta
I'm not really familiar with Amazon or Kindle, but have heard they have good return policies. Also, some headphones have volume adjustments on them, make sure they are turned up/on as well as on your device. You would only have to connect them to Bluetooth if they were Bluetooth speakers. You could also pick up another cheap pair of headphones, I get the cheap sets for under $5 to make sure its not your headphones. If it doesn't work with either set then I'd check out the forums others have mentioned. Check both ear pieces, I have on set that only one side of the headphones work, it took me a while to figure that out. Now I just keep them for a back up spare and only put them in one ear. Good luck, electronics can be great and they can be a big pain in the _ _ _