Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilt shops from elizabethtown, ky, and toledo, Oh

quilt shops from elizabethtown, ky, and toledo, Oh

I will be traveling this route this weekend I am wondering if there is any quilt shops within a mile or so of the express way between Toledo and Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I am driving down on Saturday, and right back on Sunday.

Thanks
    Dyan
    Dyan

If I remember correctly you will be traveling I-75. Google "quilt shops in Ohio" and "quilt shops in Kentucky" to find shops along your route. I'm sure there are several around Cincinnati but don't remember their names. and there was one near Lebanon, Ohio near where we used to eat at The Dutchman but it is now gone so I haven't been there in several years. I'm sure you'll find some along the way.

Fabric Shack in Waynesville, OH is a bit more than a mile off I-75 but is worth the trip! I've only been there once but really want to go again if I'm in the area. It's between Dayton and Cincinnati.
    http://www.fabricshack.com/

Blog Entries
    There use to be a couple in the Bowling Green Ohio area. But that was 2 yrs ago when I lived up there. But there are several JoAnns and there is a Hancock's about 2-3 blocks off of I-75 in Sylvania Ohio. I don't remember the exit number. But this was my favorite fabric connection while I lived up there. Have a safe trip

I found fabric shack I will go there tomorrow. I have ordered online. From them and was happy
    Dyan

If you have a smart phone, download the Quilter's Club of America's "Find Quilt Shops" app. It will tell you all of the quilt shops within any area using GPS technology. I found a little quilt shop right outside E-Town that a woman and her husband run out of their basement! Hancock's in Elizabethtown is really good too! Hope this helps!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
    Fabric Shack in Waynesville, OH is a bit more than a mile off I-75 but is worth the trip! I've only been there once but really want to go again if I'm in the area. It's between Dayton and Cincinnati.
    http://www.fabricshack.com/
    Ditto that. Wonderful shop. Their inventory is amazing and pricing is in the ballpark.

It's in Waynesville, Ohio, and if you like antiques, go THRU Waynesville and/or around.
    Dodee

Elizabethtown, KY Uniquely Yours Quilt Shop http://uniquequilts.wordpress.com/ Smith's Grove, KY Whittle's (great prices) http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/
    Karen in Kentucky

there is a very nice one in Bluffton, ohio between Lima and Findlay called Forever in Stitches on Main st. there is also a sewing machine shop in Findlay that sells fabric thats very nice Findlay sewing Center on Tiffin Ave.

The Quilt Foundry is in Maumee just south of Toledo (or a southern suburb) 234 W Wayne St, Maumee, OH 43537 (419) 893-5703 quiltfoundry.com
    It is only a few minutes off 75 taking the US 23 split to Route 24 into Maumee. Maybe 5-10 minutes off 75 total. The website will give you directions. I used to shop there all the time. It is a nice little quilt shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    There use to be a couple in the Bowling Green Ohio area. But that was 2 yrs ago when I lived up there. But there are several JoAnns and there is a Hancock's about 2-3 blocks off of I-75 in Sylvania Ohio. I don't remember the exit number. But this was my favorite fabric connection while I lived up there. Have a safe trip
    Didn't that Hancocks move to Rossford? (My son works for the co that owns a lot of hospitals in the area and they bought the Starlight Plaza)

I don't know if it's within your 'distance from 75' but The Doormouse is in NW Ohio

http://www.thedoormouse.com/
    The site does have a map and directions
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!