Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Remember the fads we had in school? >

Remember the fads we had in school?

Remember the fads we had in school?

Old 12-18-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
And saddle shoes, then pink and black sweaters, skin tight skirts, mid-calf length skirts that "met" the pulled up bobby socks. Pony tails and bangs. "Twin set" sweaters. Scarfs like a cowboy type worn over the twin sets! And pin curling your hair with crossed bobby pins all over your head! I was a tom-boy but the "clique" decided to fix me all up. With my blue cat's eye glasses I didn't really turn any heads. Next day back to the jock that I was!

Thanks for the memories!
Kitsie, your memories really brought back mine! I well remember wearing my brothers sweater, pale blue, with a black tight skirt and the saddle shoes and socks pulled up to meet the skirt. My gosh!! I must have looked so silly!! Also wore levis so tight I had to lay on the floor to button them, and my dad or brothers shirts tied in a knot in front Now that was cool!! Once in awhile I managed to get out of the house with brothers favorite shirt before he grabbed it .LOL
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Also wore levis so tight I had to lay on the floor to button them, and my dad or brothers shirts tied in a knot in front Now that was cool!! Once in awhile I managed to get out of the house with brothers favorite shirt before he grabbed it .LOL
OH gosh! you brought back memories of me doing the same!!!!!! LOL I sure wish I had that belly now!!!!!:mrgreen:
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM

I was born to late. Sounds like a fun time to me. I was born in the 60's so I didn't have a much fun. Great stories. :thumbup:
Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 AM

You all got me to remembering also. Do you remember when you were in grade school and we could only wear pants under our dresses until we got to school and then had to take them off while in school? And that was only when it was freezing outside.Girls did not wear pants back then. To think what they wear to school now.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 AM

We had to wear dresses too until they changed the rule in my senior year but no jeans! When Mini skirts were in they had to touch the floor when we were on our knees.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:05 AM
pal

Anyone remember the year of the "wig hat"? It was a winter hat that looked like a pixie hairdo, and you would fiddle with it until it looked like your hair with all little wisps coming down on your face- that might have been from the early 60's.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by pal
Anyone remember the year of the "wig hat"? It was a winter hat that looked like a pixie hairdo, and you would fiddle with it until it looked like your hair with all little wisps coming down on your face- that might have been from the early 60's.
I had one -- but they called it a "pixie" where I lived. I HATED it!!!! To this day, I won't let them cut my hair that short!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:48 AM

I was a child of the 70's and 80's - I remeber rainbow shirts, combs in our back pocket, feathered hair (Farrah Fawcett hair), candies shoes, shoulder pads. We thought we were so cool then....
Old 12-18-2010, 09:59 AM

I was in Jr. High in the late 60's and high school in the early 70's. I remeber the Beatles and how their haircuts and Rock and Roll music would be the "ruination" of today's youth! We wore mini skirts to school everyday because girls were not allowed to wear pants. The cold Iowa winters seemed even colder but we wore textured stockings with garter belts under them so it helped a little. When we finally got to wear pants to school, we wore bell bottoms and body suits that snapped in the crotch. Hair was long and parted in the middle for both boys and girls. Some of the senior pictures of my class, the boys had longer hair than the girls! What memories!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
I graduated from high school in '86, so we wore leg warmers, jelly shoes and bracelets, BIG BIG BIG hair :-D , Members Only jackets, off-the-shoulder Flashdance shirts, Swatch watches, stirrup pants, etc.

Fun times! :mrgreen:
And bad super fluffy hair, the inverted V, Mullets and the beginning of goth, :shock: lets not even go into the music:) think all of it changed in the 80's :)