Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Renaissance Tunics Help Please

Glad to see your big project is still in the works. Glad to hear that at least some of them are jumping in to help. Nothing like showing a non-sewer just what is involved in the whole process. They will definitely have a better understanding and maybe think twice before asking for something this big again.
    But on the other hand, when it's all done and you get a look at the 70 KofC's in their tunics, you are going to smile and say, "I did that"!

How is the project coming along?
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

Blog Entries

Update: 70 Renaissance Tunics for Mens group:

So many ideas poured in from here that tomorrow is the day that we implement a few of them. We have rounded up about a dozen people and asked for more to join us. We have 4 women and 2 men to do the sewing and 4 men so far cutting the fabrics. So we are a go for tomorrow morning to cut and sew and lightly press all these tunics. The will be made in much larger sizes so we can account for some shrinkage when washed. We are making big signs to wash in cold water and hang to dry. Then Press. I just hope they guys will remember these instructions. We did not buy tags to put on the neck line. We have large table space to lay things out and to work. Lunch will be served with a snack along the way. We will start at 9:am and hope to have it done before 5 pm. If we just keep moving we will accomplish this. Thanks for all the suggestions and brain power that you have supplied. I will post a pic of the workaholics doing this feat when I get a chance to take a couple pics.

Blog Entries

Tunic Sit and Sew Success!!

I was amazed at how wonderful the day went. There were some who stayed all day and others that were there a few hours. We completed 54 Tunics for the RenSen. Three of us took took the remainder home to finish. A much lighter load. With coffee and donuts for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and bbq pulled pork sandwiches for dinner with the trimmings it was great. We had 6 men cutting fabrics while we averaged 6 people sewing. We had as many as 9 sewing at one time! About half way through the day I was able to sit down and do some sewing. The best part of the morning I was teaching and supervising things. It was great and everything went pretty smoothly. Two sewing machine I bought with me decided to burp first thing in the morning and buy lunch time I had them working and they were in use the rest of the day. One other machine decided that it was going to act up but the person using it was content to sew with it since she had not been at a sewing machine since junior high school. I offered to change out her machine but she was happy with it. I bought with me 5 machines and as many as 7 others bought their own machines. I should have taken more pictures in the morning but I didn't think if it.
    Again without all your feed back it would have not happened. Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    It was quite the talk this morning. That we finished as much as we did. Now to just finish my last 10 this week

Congratulations for organizing this for your Renaissance Men and making it such a success!

It was good to hear all about your sew-fest day ... and to see the photos.

Now, you know what is next? ....
    we're all anxiously waiting to see a pic of the 70 men, modelling their new attire!

Please? and Thanks!!

Again ... Congratulations for making it all happen!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

So happy that it went from one person beng asked to much to a commuinty event werhe many could learn and enjoy each other. You must have some great poele skills, too. Well done.
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

Blog Entries
    I owe so much to this group who brainstormed just how to get the best bang for the buck so to speak. Taking the next to impossible to the very possible and then onto getting it done.
    To do 10 in the next week or so is something I can do by myself. I did that many already in one part or another. Many hands make the labor light.

Blog Entries
    I am told I have pretty good people skills but I am also aware that if you take advantage of the gifts that other people offer and you don't take credit for their part in the whole. Thank you for the kind thought.
    I will be sure to get pictures back of the guys wearing these Ren-sen outfits. There were actually 88 made so a few extras were done. That bought the cost down to $8. per tunic. Of course the workmanship on some is not as good as on others. (different skill levels). For this project no one is complaining.

*giggles* ... sitting here and thinking oh oh ....

Now that you have fueled their creative fires and developed a bunch accomplished costumers,
    just what will they want to make next year?

eeeeeeeeeeks!!!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

That looks like it was a really fun day!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

So glad to hear that the sew-fest went off well. It's always good to have help with something of that magnitude. Looks like you had a great room to work in & set up all your tables & machines. I loved seeing the pictures of everyone working like little bees. Can't wait to see the pictures of the whole group in their garb for the Renaissance Festival.

Thank you for the update and I'm so glad that you had so many helpers.
    Singer 66 treadle, Singer 15-91, JC Penney 6923, Kenmore 50, White 2334, Brother 920D serger. RIP Singer 1036

Whooooo-Hoooooo! Way to go!
    Glad to see it all fell into place. A real group effort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2