Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rope/strip bowls

That's Ami's Power Wrapper!

http://www.amisimms.com/ampo.html

I have one too. And it actually works pretty well. You just have to make sure to have a block of time set aside to do it... not easy to answer a phone call or the door....LOL! You'll see what I mean if you watch the video.

I also have that little bobbin-holder porcupine that someone else mentioned. And the ladybug that the same company makes... it has a magnet and you can attach it to your machine to hold scissors and stuff. Yes, I too am a gadget-aholic. And I don't care a bit! I love all my things!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbrah View Post
    I make the rope bowls using one of those metal bias strip tips. Keeps it neat and without all the loose threads.
    Debbrah, I love making wrap bowls, but I don't know what you're describing. Can you tell us more? Or a photo?

Tate
    King of the Rocketeers!

Wish I could gadget binge, it has been a long time since I was in a fabric store to spend money. So binge and enjoy while you can, I am sure you will get around to it sooner or later, and then you will enjoy it even more.

Power Poster
    I've seen a demo of that and have put it on my "Roundtoit" List. Yes, I have purchased gizmos and gadgets along the way that I have seldom, if ever used, but I plan to, when the time is right. LOL. I do think wrapping strips around clothesline and making bowls is a good idea, for storing thread, bits of fabric, small projects, whatever, as I think it's a good use of strips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2