Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
San Antonio Trip- We're here!!! >

San Antonio Trip- We're here!!!

San Antonio Trip- We're here!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Monday: Got here in San Antonio after a long drive down from Oklahoma. Just 'chilled' the rest of the day.
Tuesday: Didn't get up till almost 7:30, Ha Ha. We hit the breakfast bar about 8:30 and so did the rest of the guests at the hotel! Managed to get a muffin and a glass of orange juice. Walked over to the Alamo and what a visit that was!! Very emotional. Of course we bought things to take back to the kids. Did a little more shopping and back to the hotel. Had to see who got kicked off DWTS!
Wed: Got served breakfast in bed. DH had gotten up around 6, hit the breakfast bar, no one around, and brought 'food' back to the room. It's our anniversery and he did that for me. Well, I have had him 16 years and the training is going well. LOL
We are going to see my Great Uncle today. Uncle Marvin is 97. Although his health isn't that great, he is still sharp as a tack. Since this is the last chance I might get to see him....
The rest of the week will be filled with shopping, visits to uncle, touring the sites. (Gonna hit the River Walk) and did I mention shopping.
Will fill you in on the rest of the week when we get home, if anyone is intrested.
Thanks for reading the long monolog of my doings, but I am so excited about doing this with the DH. His Idea!!
So, till later.... And I miss my fur babies.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!
Happy Anniversary :D:D:D
Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 AM

The River Walk is wonderful! Glad you did the Alamo too, that can be an emotional thing, but is a nice part of history. I love that area.

There is a bakery not far from there near El Mercado. I can't think of the name of the bakery, but there are guys that play music walking around the restaurant behind the bakery. The bakery has wonderful food and is always packed.

Happy Anniversary! :thumbup:
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

It sounds like you are having a 2nd honeymoon!
Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! I know what you mean about furbabies. I love to travel but always miss mine.
BUT coming home is nice b/c then we are reunited!!
So it's win-win (well they don't think so lol)
Enjoy the rest and keep us posted!!!!!!!! :D:D
Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 AM

I just emailed my niece who lives in Austin and here's what she said:

The bakery/restaurant with the mariachis is Mi Tierra in Market Square and is open 24 hours. While they're in San Antonio they might check out the Japanese tea gardens, it has great architecture and plants and waterfalls. It's one of the few non touristy things that San Antonio has to offer.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 AM
bj

You should visit the missions if you have time. I think there are 4 or 5. A couple are still active. We went with a friend's dad on a minitour and, at one, we were invited into the priest's private quarters for tea. He was very kind and knew a lot of the mission's history.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 AM

What a nice trip and breakfast in bed is always fun. Perhaps tomorrow you will do that for him (smile). Have a great visit; we love to hear of your adventures. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Glenda, I do hope you post about the rest of your trip when you return home. San Antonio is one of my favorite places to visit. I especially love the Riverwalk.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 PM

Thanks! I love San Antonio, Texas. Seeing the Alamo just does something to us all....how those men gave their lives. The River Walk is nice. It's really something how they built the shopping mall around the Alamo.

We lived in Austin from 1994-1998. We used to drive to a little town called Wimberly. Lots of interesting shops there. I ended up buying a log cabin quilt.(That was before I got interested in doing my own.)

There is so much to do in Texas...sure miss it. Enjoy it for me too.

God has really been good to your relative ...(97-years-old) You won't regret making the trip to see. him.

Enjoy yourself, have fun and have a safe trip home!

Jenny:)