Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: scarf yarn

scarf yarn

Do any of you have a cheap, safe source to buy ruffle or scarf yarn for making the ruffle scarves? Thank you.
    Fran

our Joan Fabrics carried it this summer.
    Jothesewer

Our Joann's also has it. You could use a coupon or buy online when they have a yarn sale.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

joanns

I did look at joanns and hobby lob. Ours didn't have it. But I did find it online at joanns. The prettier colors are on Ice.com. But it comes out of Turkey and I didn't know how safe it would be.
    Fran

Also found some at my local Wal-Mart. Little cheeper than at Joanns

Blog Entries

Sashay Scarfs

I bought mine at Wal-Mart and Michael's. 4.99 each. It is called Boutique Sashay, Red Heart brand. I also did not knit the scarf, I crochet it. So far I have made 13 scarfs. You can get the pattern to crochet at www.Premieryarns.com and on You Tube, just specify Crochet sashay scarf.
    Last edited by Rose Bagwell; 11-07-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: to include more info.
    TxCaRose

Blog Entries
    I just bought some at Michaels Sun. and also saw some at Walmart. Used 40% coupon from Joannes too. Have to make 15 scarves for Christmas all the women in the family.

I have made 6 so far. I got the yarn at Joanns. I believebthey are going to be 25% off this week. I have had to return 2 of the skeins because one had a lsrge joining knot in it and the other had a big flaw in the edging. I wrote to the company about the knot, but have not heard from them. I love making the scarves and plan on making more of them.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Blog Entries
    I have had a couple of those and all I do is work around them or if it is in center or close to it, I make 2 small ones for the grand daughters.
    TxCaRose

paid $3.99 at Michael's this past Sunday
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    JoAnn's keeps theirs at 10% - 25% off so you can't use your coupons, but Walmart honors JoAnn's coupons, so that really helps. Michaels had a great selection the last time I was there and you can use Michaels and JoAnn's coupons there.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    I just bought some today at Michael's in a lovely teal color. It is called Flaunt Ostentation by a compaany named Loops and Thread. It was on sale for $3.99 a skein and it takes two skeins to make a scarf. Regular price for it was $4.99. Hope this helps.

Yes, the best yarn ones come from Turkey ! I know from a yarn supplier in my area.

thank you all for the replies. Found red heart sashay at Jo-anns. Solid colors were on sale and the others I used 40% coupon. My daughter bought one. Anyway, all said and done they averaged out to be about 3.33 ea. I was happy.
    Fran

Speaking of patterns, if you'd like to see how-to videos on making the Red Heart Sashay scarves, go to the Red Heart website, www.redheart.com. and you will find links to the video. Easy to follow, too!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!