Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: scrappy quilts

Senior Member carolstickelmaier's Avatar

scrappy quilts

WHOOHOOOO I did it....after several hours I looked at 110 pages of scrappy quilts.....WONDERFUL! FANTASTIC! One for me is now at the top of my Bucket List. Such talent we have!

so which one did you pick??!!

Senior Member carolstickelmaier's Avatar
    I think I will do two to three inch sq and random grab out of a bag.......although I love them with a design I think I will do better not being in control of what I choose next.....(that in itself will be difficult) I have done a few Christmas quilts with random sqs and an occasional star done with sq and 1/2sq triangles that I liked the finished product. And I do admit that I changed some of the sq I grabbed out of bag.......random is so hard! Haven't decided if I will use a border or just scrappy the binding.

Blog Entries
    That thread is amazing. I have viewed it several times. It is too much to soak up in a one time setting

I always think back to my statistics classes when I attempt something random. EAch time I try something random, it ends up that two pieces of the same fabric are next to each other. That is definitely random and can happen!

I have made a couple scrappy quilts from scraps from previous quilts. Now working on the third and will have enough scraps for at least another two.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I love scrappy....each one totally unique...no matter which "pattern" you pick. Be sure to show us what you come up with....you can never have too many pics to look at Happy Scrapping.