Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Security cameras and dash cams >

Security cameras and dash cams

Security cameras and dash cams

Old 05-07-2021, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I don't think those help much for a theft. A guild member had several items stolen from her garage. The camera recorded it all, faces, and vehicle. The police took a report and they didn't watch the footage. She called several times and was told to use the report to turn into insurance.
Where we live we have little or no crime to speak of. Last known crime in our neighborhood was the guy across the cul de sac from us had his car stolen. A lot of us suspect that wasn't the case since the car was found with no damage. The new reported a quote from the owner that his BMW was trashed.

As for the dash cam, with today's enraged society this is for our peace of mind.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I haven't really looked into any of the systems but seems to me like those doorbell cameras would be easy for a thief to just ease up to one & spray paint over it so it wouldn't video you. Seems like you would want your camera somewhere so it wasn't so obvious or easy to destroy.
It would be rather difficult for a porch pirate to do that here.
Either they would have to have extremely long arms. Since the gate is quite a ways from the front door.
Or they would have to get through the gauntlet of Boko, Sandy and Layla,
Old 05-09-2021, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

We have Brinks/ADT. I guess it's fine I never mess with it. The alarm has never gone off since we lived here, a guy comes checks it out every so often. The system came with the house, everything built in. Wired and wireless features.