Settings frozen

Old 12-13-2010, 06:12 AM
BMP

I was wondering why my notifications by e-mail werent coming through and ck'd my setting. I noticed that was unck'd and tried to ck them and update and I get a message that my settings are frozen and to contact admin.
Why would this happen ???
Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 AM

YOu might have, like I did a while back, accidentally mark one of the board emails as spam. If you've done this you have to wait 2 months to receive email notifications again. If Admin opens you up before that it will leave the entire board open to spam. At least I think that's what I was told. You can click on Watched Topics to check on things. It's a real pain for two months but it too will pass. I thought my time would NEVER get over. Contact Admin and find out for sure then mark the date that you can get back on. The day before the date contact Admin again so that you can get back on. If this is what's happened there's nothing Admin can do about it for two months but contact them to make sure.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 AM
BMP

I bet thats what I did. Delete and spam are side by side in my mail box.... I have made that mistake before when I wanted to delete something. WOW 2 months is a long time ~~
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 AM

the other thing is if you posted your email on the board, and it was harvested, the board would get spam , and you would get shut down.
I have noticed several people have posted their emails lately on the board in replies.....
Old 12-13-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by okiepastor
the other thing is if you posted your email on the board, and it was harvested, the board would get spam , and you would get shut down.
I have noticed several people have posted their emails lately on the board in replies.....
emails, real names and any actual information should only be posted in pm's. We all tend to forget that anything and everything posted in regular posts is on the internet for EVERYONE to read whether they're members or not.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:21 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by raptureready
YOu might have, like I did a while back, accidentally mark one of the board emails as spam. If you've done this you have to wait 2 months to receive email notifications again. If Admin opens you up before that it will leave the entire board open to spam. At least I think that's what I was told. You can click on Watched Topics to check on things. It's a real pain for two months but it too will pass. I thought my time would NEVER get over. Contact Admin and find out for sure then mark the date that you can get back on. The day before the date contact Admin again so that you can get back on. If this is what's happened there's nothing Admin can do about it for two months but contact them to make sure.

I just had a message from Adm that is exactly what I did.....