Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Sew whats keeping you awake tonight?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Caroltee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere "N" Time
    Posts
    603
    Am a night owl..... Sewing at night is relaxing for me. Don't get interrupted

  2. #2
    Super Member Jan in VA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    8,201
    I'm up late because I slept late this morning. Earlier I handquilted as I watched the Miss America Pagent. Normally I'm a late to bed, late to rise sorta gal.

    Jan in VA

  3. #3
    Super Member purplemem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Misssissippi
    Posts
    3,303
    Blog Entries
    1
    I sleep at odd hours. My dh gets up at 3 a.m. to be at work by 6. Lots of times I stay up the night and go to bed when he leaves for work. I like the quiet of the night.

  4. #4
    Super Member gaby4v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    close to the grand babies!!!
    Posts
    2,198
    Blog Entries
    3
    Well, it's only 3:30 p.m. here in Japan. But I am a night owl too!!

  5. #5
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,193
    just reading, now, but I'll go take a picture if you like.

  6. #6
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    I just finished playing cards with the neighbors and getting ready to cross stitch a quilt pattern. I am a night owl too. Stayed up to close some sales so I can get some shipping done. Hi over in Japan. I have lots of cousins and uncles in the tokyo/Shijuku areas. I lived over there in Sagimahiara and Zama. My daughter was there three months last summer getting to know her cousins too. I love it there. Have a great night all.

  7. #7
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    I'm watching this board, playing some games and watching The Dirty Dozen with hubby. We love to stay up and sleep in whenever we can :)

  8. #8
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm awake cause someone is snoring. It doesn't usually bother me that much but this weekend we're visiting my parents and their bed is smaller than ours. Also, different room, different house, etc. Too bad I don't have anything to sew. That's what I do when I can't sleep at home. Next best thing - check out the quilting board. :)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Hosta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Ridgeville, Ohio
    Posts
    993
    can't sleep at all the last couple weeks so here I am 2am wide awake thinkin sure would be nice to start something but I have no oomph at the moment until the pain meds kick in I sit and wait and try not to moan too loud

  10. #10
    Super Member luvTooQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Posts
    7,119
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just reading the board in between quilting..I quilt a row come check the board.. sew some more . come check the board.. y'know the usual routine.. lol

  11. #11
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Just reading the board in between quilting..I quilt a row come check the board.. sew some more . come check the board.. y'know the usual routine.. lol
    I know what you mean. Somehow I can't stay away from this place.

  12. #12
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,619
    I can't sleep, I think I'm coming down with a virus. Stomach cramping and cold chills, sorta aching all over. Feel yucky...

  13. #13
    T-Bones mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    1,938
    Pain in my left arm is so bad it woke me at 2:30 a.m. and here I am on the board. I have medical reasons that keep me in pain a lot so when I am awake because of it I can not even sew. Bummer. It is a good thing I do not require a lot of sleep because I certainly don't get much.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Caroltee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere "N" Time
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K
    I can't sleep, I think I'm coming down with a virus. Stomach cramping and cold chills, sorta aching all over. Feel yucky...
    Yuck.. just got over that. No fun. Had it from both ends. seems like everyone i talk to has it or had it. hope you feel better soon. Not much you can do except try to keep warm and sleep

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    856
    I am up because I fell asleep about 10 p.m. and then woke up around midnight - I would sew except it might keep me up even later than this

  16. #16
    Senior Member Caroltee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere "N" Time
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
    Pain in my left arm is so bad it woke me at 2:30 a.m. and here I am on the board. I have medical reasons that keep me in pain a lot so when I am awake because of it I can not even sew. Bummer. It is a good thing I do not require a lot of sleep because I certainly don't get much.
    Wish there were something I could do to make your pain go away . All I can offer is my prayers.

  17. #17
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    Tonight my 5 yo will not go to sleep! Some nights it is the pain I just cannot sleep when I hurt.

  18. #18
    MrsMoe4487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    298
    I started working on a new project.....so there for my brain its running with ideas how could I possibly sleep! Plus I don't work tomorrow so I have a whole day to work on it...so I should get to bed lol

  19. #19
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,619
    Thanks Caroltee, I'm headed to bed for now I think. There's a lot of this stuff going on here too. Yuck!

    G'Nite All....

  20. #20
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,299
    I'm up (got up at 3 am) because DH couldn't sleep. He was having cramps in his amputated leg--phantom pain, muscle cramps even after 32 years! So, after getting him some meds I was completely awake and got on here. I think I'm going back to bed soon to catch a couple hours so I don't fall asleep in church. Yes, even in a loud, rambunctious Pentacostal church I can fall asleep. To be honest being there is so comforting it's quite easy to fall asleep if I'm tired. Goodnight, ladies. Oh and gentlemen too if you're up.

  21. #21
    tuxedokitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    79
    Hosta - pain meds, what's going on? Hope you are doing okay. Myself - just can't sleep again. But hey, that is how I ended up finding this board originally and glad I did! :)

  22. #22
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,902
    Blog Entries
    1
    And I thought I was the only one prowling around in the middle of the night (Laughter). Glad to hear this behavior is 'normal'.

  23. #23
    Junior Member diane647's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Are they your pups in the picture? If so where did you get them. I'm looking for a pup similar to yours if they are yours.

  24. #24
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I'm up (got up at 3 am) because DH couldn't sleep. He was having cramps in his amputated leg--phantom pain, muscle cramps even after 32 years! So, after getting him some meds I was completely awake and got on here. I think I'm going back to bed soon to catch a couple hours so I don't fall asleep in church. Yes, even in a loud, rambunctious Pentacostal church I can fall asleep. To be honest being there is so comforting it's quite easy to fall asleep if I'm tired. Goodnight, ladies. Oh and gentlemen too if you're up.
    I'd give anything to find a good church like yours! If there is sleeping going on in my church, it's because the pastor is so old and gets off on subject. The spirit is so dead, I'm only there becuase mom is in charge of the PrimeTimers group. Other than that, we both want to find something more alive!! Hope you enjoyed todays service!

  25. #25
    Junior Member diane647's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroltee
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
    Pain in my left arm is so bad it woke me at 2:30 a.m. and here I am on the board. I have medical reasons that keep me in pain a lot so when I am awake because of it I can not even sew. Bummer. It is a good thing I do not require a lot of sleep because I certainly don't get much.
    Wish there were something I could do to make your pain go away . All I can offer is my prayers.
    Are they your pups in the picture?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.