Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sharing my unusual Flowers

So pretty and unusual. I didn't know they could be multi-colored!
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous!!!!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    They are beautiful. I would love to have flowers but with cows and deer it just isn't meant to be. Thanks for sharing.
    Twinkie,
    Your irises are beautiful, I've never seen the bi-colored type until now. Thank you for sharing a photo with us. My Mom and Grampa used to have lots of irises.

I have the same problem with goats, Nammie. I don't like goats, they eat everything.
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 05-09-2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added text

Beautiful! I have never seen that combo. We have some blue ones growing in our area.

beautiful! i love irises, I used to have many species in my garden, I love the Japanese ones, yours are very unique.

Power Poster
    beautiful never seen any that oolor thanks for sharing!
    QUILTNMO

Power Poster
    They are gorgeous and one of my very favorite flowers, although I can't grow them in an apartment, but maybe I'll give some to my DDIL and DS to grow in their garden. My Mom had this beautiful iris, white with a lacy lavender border, very unusual and I tried to find one like it, but didn't have any luck.

Those are stunning; I have never seen iris those colors!

Blog Entries
    I had a small row of those years ago in a rental we had. The mailman and I traded bulbs for several years until we both had a checker board design. I had many colors he did not, and he had lots that I didn't have. The landlord loved the upgrade to his big old yard. The mailman told me those were called 'parchment &rubies' but that is all I know...
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Thanks a lot for the information. It is more than I knew

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    I had a small row of those years ago in a rental we had. The mailman and I traded bulbs for several years until we both had a checker board design. I had many colors he did not, and he had lots that I didn't have. The landlord loved the upgrade to his big old yard. The mailman told me those were called 'parchment &rubies' but that is all I know...

Dodee, I have had these for about 5 or 6 years now and this is the only plant that comes up every year. Why they don't multiply, I don't know. I know I got them from Burgess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodee View Post
    Twinkie: Would you like to sell some of those bulbs. Maybe they cross pollinated. I used to have a big bed of them at our previous home. Got a lot of rye weeds in them and was going to try Preemie, but we moved.
    Dodee

The flowers are beautiful.

Gorgeous! I love Iris'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    Oh, They are so beautiful. Our dirt down here is just dead for anything like that.
    i lived in Texas long enough to know you can grow Hibiscus, and Poinsettias as yard flowers. Up north in Oregon, we only see them as hothouse flowers around Christmas for Pointsettas, and around Fourth of July for Hibiscus, but neither will grow outside. You also have Angel Trumpet, and Blue Bells, millions of Blue Bells! Every climate has it's own beauty. The best part of Texas for me was the supreme confidence that seems to be bred into all Texans.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Beautiful. Iris are my favorite flowers.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    They are beautiful and nice to see after the rough winter we just went through! Thanks for sharing!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Beautiful colors. Love the Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    They are beautiful. I would love to have flowers but with cows and deer it just isn't meant to be. Thanks for sharing.
    Iris are the one flower I've found the deer leave alone. Lots of deer where we live. I think they are too fragrant. Because they eat everything else in sight.

Blog Entries
    Lovely iris. I have several kinds, but not that one. It's still too early in MN for the iris to bloom. My early tulips have just started.
    Mavis

Wow , These flowers are beautiful. Thanks for showing us.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

beautiful!!!!!!

Yes, I think this is the fourth year they have bloomed like this. Thanks for the great words.

Those are stunning......the coloring of iris has come a long way from just the purple. I love seeing the parade of flowers during the course of life here in Illinois...after the dreariness of winter.....now I am enjoying my iris, lilacs,columbine,azaleas. And buds of other beauties are setting up.....the joys of summer!

Blog Entries
    Those are fantastic. I have purple ones. When we bought our house 23 yrs ago my neighbor separated his and brought them to us and they are still blooming all these yrs later. My lilies and tuplips and daffodils are gone so now its the cala lillies, iris's and the hostas. These remind me of the pink lady slippers a little. Very pretty. I have a pink rose bush in my front yard that use to produce pink and yellow roses and now it does pink and vibrand roses, yes, its only one bush and no others are close to it. I think its like hydranges and azaleas, it depends on the soil as to what you get, as it changes so does the colors. Works for me as long as there are flowers
    Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2