Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Should I go to Disneyland tomorrow, Friday? >

Should I go to Disneyland tomorrow, Friday?

Should I go to Disneyland tomorrow, Friday?

Old 06-18-2009, 06:06 PM

Tomorrow is my DD#3's(Megan)birthday. She will be 22. Here in Southern California you can get a free one day pass to go to the park on your birthday. She has been planning on this for months. An older friend of hers has a daughter with the same birthday,(Meghan) she will be 14. They were supposed to go together. Well, the friend's daughter forgot about going (she's had Disneyland Passes for years and so it's not as special for her) so is not going to go. My DD#2 (Jennifer)lives not far from Disneyland and has annual passes so she will meed Megs after work, around 3:30ish and spend the late afternoon with her.
I have the day off tomorrow. I had planned on running errands and sewing. Now I am trying to decide If I want to go to Disneyland with Megs. Cost for entry is $69. then there's gas, Disneyland is about 80 miles south of us, through LA, then there's parking, though I will let her pay cause she planned on going anyway, then there's food, which costs a fortune. And I am a big girl and cannot be on my feet all day walking and standing in line. (we'd be doing drugs to get through the day!)
I only saw her for about 3 min between my getting home and her racing out the door for a party with her friends and it seems like she would really like me to go with her.
So..... we're talking over $100, a very long day, and certain pain for my feet and back for the next 2 days.
DH thinks I should go. What do you all think?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

i think that you should go, just take it easy when you get there and don't be in a hurry to do and see everything, at 22, she can have some patience and do it at your speed. Spending time with your kids is priceless no matter how old they are
Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM

79 degrees tomorrow at DW - got that from your weather post. I say go for it. With weather like that it will be time and $ well spent for a day with your DD. Someday, you may look back a regret not going. Just take it easy, I'm sure if Mom says she has to rest it will not be an issue. Go and have fun :wink: :wink:
Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 PM

I would go. I know it's hard on the body but your daughter will really appreciate it (right??!!). I would take advantage of any time my kids wanted me there with them!!

If you decide not to go, I'm sure your daughter will be fine with it. If it creates health issues for you, perhaps you two can find another way to celebrate??!!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
. . . and it seems like she would really like me to go with her.
So..... we're talking over $100, a very long day, and certain pain for my feet and back for the next 2 days.
DH thinks I should go. What do you all think?
Absolutely - I vote yes - I rarely get to see my daughter (she is in Baton Rouge and I am 900 mi away). I would give anything to spend her Bday with her!! I have bad feet, bad back and bad knee BUT - I would go for it.

Take it slowly and enjoy all the time you have with her - sometimes they go far away :( - and you don't see them as often as you want!!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:30 PM

JG, if you think you could make it, you may have a great time. There have got to be benches all over the place to rest, so that probably wouldn't be an issue. If you all have cell phones, you could hook up if they go do stuff while you are resting (that's how we do it with our kids). And take those pain med's with you! Let us know what you decided. If you don't think you could make it, I'd bet she would understand.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

If you can afford it I say "Go For It ! :lol: " Its true the older they get the less they want us around and if you can rest while there, maybe take a small project with you to work on , so while she is off on the rides neither one of you feel bad. Give her the gift of your time if that is what she wants. just my 2 cents worth
Sharon
Old 06-18-2009, 06:34 PM

I would go! Pack some snacks, couple apples, water, maybe an energy bar? If you can't handle it, get a wheelchair??? I think your daughter would just be happy to have you with, and besides the person coming after work can help push....Hope you don't take this suggestion as an insult...I have major pain issues myself, an I am finally starting to give in and do the right thing for me.....
Old 06-18-2009, 06:46 PM

I am leaning towards it. I canceled an eye appointment I had and am getting ready to throw the clothes I would want to wear into the washer so they're clean for tomorrow.

Though DH said I may have to curtail my fabric buying a little if I go!!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 PM

Be sure to let us know how your day goes tomorrow! :lol: