Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Silly question - How do you refer to a cat or a dog besides "cat" or "dog"? >

Silly question - How do you refer to a cat or a dog besides "cat" or "dog"?

Silly question - How do you refer to a cat or a dog besides "cat" or "dog"?

Old 05-30-2018, 03:23 AM
Power Poster

My pets rarely are spoken to by their real names but somehow they know. Carmello is Angel Face or Mommy's darling, Mookie is sweet boy, or Mook or Mookie Wookie, Baby is usually Baby or baby girl. Lately we've been calling her Buddha b/c she has a pin head and a huge belly lol
I always called Sonia "Sis". Same with all my other pets. All kinds of "terms of endearment".

One of my boys adopted 2 cats (brother and sister as well) and their names were/are Dylan and Dash but somehow they call them Pickle and Sis.
Interestingly I was reading a memoir by Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) and he had 2 children named Dylan and Dash. I'm wondering if the original owner of those cats named them because of Brian!
And my avatar Mabel- we used to call her boo-boo boolinski!! haha

Last edited by SusieQOH; 05-30-2018 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:00 AM

I have four female dogs and they are referred to as ‘The Girls’.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:31 AM

My little prissy missy is called "The Brat" most times cause that's what she is most times. She has me on a time table to fit her moods but then I most times allow it. When I get fed up with her attitude I usually throw her out the back door for a while. That usually changes her toon for about 5 minutes. We get along pretty well and right now if its not too extremely hot outside she likes to laze around outside either on the porch swing looking out into her domain or under the raspberry bushes out back. She has a kitty condo in the livingroom, a bed on every floor and a window seat in my bedroom. Its not like she's a pampered kitty or anything but I feel she should have all the luxeries I can give her. She's still my little baby to me..................even though she's a Brat at times.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:34 AM
DJ

Talking to DH "your cat" (especially when "his cat" gets into trouble). LOL
Old 05-30-2018, 06:52 AM

We refer to cats as rats -
Old 05-30-2018, 07:33 AM

The dog is formal name is Junior T(he) Pup, mostly called Pup. The cat is Gizmo, from the movie Gremlins, because of her coloring and the orange diamond on her forehead. I call her Gizzie Girl. Her mother was Naku Narekeet but was called Kookoo Kitty or just Koo.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:50 AM

No one is mentioning "Kitty" for the cats. I call my wonderful black Aussie mix "Sweetie" most of the time. Her name is Osita.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:47 AM

Every cat has it's name, and about a dozen nicknames I won't bore you with. But we do have certain 'collective nicknames' for them i.e. the fuzzbuts, the cattersons, furry sharks...

I get pretty creative with the naming/nicknaming, lol...but they go by Graham, Spencer, Tara and Jack. They all have my heart wrapped around their paws.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:23 AM

We refer to the dogs as the puppers or the guys. My daughter calls them the babies but I can't get on board with that.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:30 AM

Loved reading all these posts. I'll start by telling you all I am one cat short of crazy, with that being said we feed 14 cats at the moment. Some completely wild and only come to eat others we can pet. Only one of them did I pick to live with us, the rest have got here on there own (with the help of the low life's that dumped them). They all have names and some have. Nick names. They are all my fur babies. I love them all but have to confess I do have a favorite. Her name is Wild Thing aka "the. Queen". She gives me the unconditional love only a pet can give. I thank God everyday for them but also pray nobody dumps any more off in our area.