Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: snowy pictures

Banned
    oh my heavens. *shivers*

The DOT does a great job of keeping the road clear so we have no problems going to town in my SUV. It has all wheel drive so all 4 wheels pull all the time, which gives you better traction even in the rain and is great in the snow.

It made it up to 50 degrees today and I am so glad to see the sun! There is rain in the forecast by Saturday, which is okay as long as it doesn't turn to freezing rain!

That's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Banned
    So idealic, thank you for sharing! I'm from Bogalusa, LA.! I have looked at homes in Sylva area, I love NC. Is that river near your house? so pretty! Your pictures could be postcards. I'm so happy that you have founds your little piece of heaven on earth and are happy. Sounds like you really did find the perfect place to retire. God Bless.

I grew up in LA, just west of New Orleans and really love NC. If I wasn't living here, it would be East Texas or North La for sure, but not South La. Too hot, and too flat!

I love NC.....so beautiful!! Thought I'd like to live there, but now I don't know, :)

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! I love the one of Icy River and the dog playing in the snow is darling. Don't kill yourself shoveling all that beautiful white stuff! Thanks for sharing.

I miss the snow - we get lots of rain!

My son lives near Raleigh,NC. That's alot of snow.

THE 3RD PIC WOULD MAKE A WONDERFUL WALL QUILT.
    OUR LAKE WAS FROZEN THE OTHER DAY, UNTIL 9 AM. I AM SO GLAD IT'S OVER. HOPEFULLY NEVER AGAIN.

My sister was saying the same thing about the photos. She said that she saw several landscape quilts in the photos.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us :D:D:D

That last picture is just beautiful! I don't know much about landscape quilts, but would that make a nice one??

we just moved from Arizona to Iowa... in January,.... I know , I know.... not the year to do it..... Your photos are beautiful. Now I have cardinals and frosty trees to take pix of instead of cactus flowers.... quilter1234

For the most part, I love the weather here. My neighbor says he can't ever remember such a big snow fall and he grew up hee, in this very house. I like the 4 in or so that melts after a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    We are so fortunate to live on a road that is plowed quite a lot. I know some of my guild members do not have 4 wheel drive and can only get out when they go somewhere in hubby's truck!
    So how is the Cajun in you faring the cold? We were freezing over here for 10 days and we didn't have all that beautiful snow.

Oops! Should've read all the way through before I asked my question.

We are still alive. We were in Raleigh for 6 days and didn't miss the single digit lows at all. Raleigh was actually balmy 40's and 50's compared to up here. We got to experience 2 more weeks of frigid temps and at least 2 more snow events of 2 inches plus. My birdbath had fallen over with the weight of the snow and the ground is still too frozen to stand it upright and level it. The snow is gradually melting but there is still ice in the creek and the river. Rain is suppose to move in tonight so it will be interesting to see how much more melting takes place.

My Maw In-Law was born there on Cane River, Burnsville, NC actually Micaville.

Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    My Maw In-Law was born there on Cane River, Burnsville, NC actually Micaville.
    Cool! We are located in the other direction--north of town and Micaville is south of town.

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    It is summer and 95 degrees here! Boy that is a lot of snow for North Carolina, Brrrrrr!

We will all show up on your doorstep to enjoy the 95 degree temp.
    It will be 70 here tomorrow. Thank you Lord!

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Come on down!! It is 8:45pm and still light out, it is still about 95 degrees and dry. It is even too hot to quilt

Can't help myself, have to post some winter pictures of our valley from our deck. Can't remember if these are this years pictures or last yeards but suffice to say, a blanket of snow on everything is pretty no matter what year the picture is taken. Then there are close to the same pictures taken in spring with all the cherry trees in bloom and in fall when things are getting dry and yellow and orange. All these pictures were taken from our back deck. Our view are spectacular. Mt. Hood isn't seen here but it looms majestically off to the left of each of these pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pennyswings
    Come on down!! It is 8:45pm and still light out, it is still about 95 degrees and dry. It is even too hot to quilt
    Hey Penny,
    Dry? Did you say dry? We've had nothing but rain here. First it was freeze, freeze, freeze; now it's wet, wet, wet, again. That's one thing about South Louisiana -- if you wait a few hours, the weather is sure to change. And after the rain it will be warm, warm, warm.

nice photos.... I was born & raised in Michigan, live in Colorado now, that is alot of snow, even by Denver standards!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast