Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some days that man can make me see 10 shades of red!/...vent! >

Some days that man can make me see 10 shades of red!/...vent!

Some days that man can make me see 10 shades of red!/...vent!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 PM

My DD#3 gets them too. Taking Ibuprophen makes it worse because though it would give her some relief, she would get rebound headaches with it.
Megs needs to go lie down in a quiet dark room for a while!!
Sometimes (ok, more than sometimes) guys are clueless or they are in deep denial about some things.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM

I had them for several years during my younger days. Medical dr. gave me lots of pain pills. Finally went to a chiropractor and he got rid of them after a few visits.... :D
Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

This may sound silly but give her a piece of chocolate and a cup of coffee. The caffeine from both will open up the vessels in the brain and help ease the migraine and make it more bareable.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:59 PM

My youngest DD has them. She's on meds to try to prevent them. She has to see the dr every now and them to see how she's doing. We call them sick headaches. Get her to the dr asap. It may take awhile to find the right meds to help her, but for us it was worth it. My DD is 17.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:02 PM

I get hormonal migraines. A couple of things help. She may benefit from Exedrin. It is the only thing that helps me. I've tried Imitrex, but it made me feel more ill than the actual migraine did. Honestly, the one thing that has really helped is that I had Mirena placed after my son was born. Since it controls the hormonal up and down , not nearly as many migraines. Unfortunately, they recommend it only if you've already had kids! Hope you can figure out her triggers and can minimize the headaches for her!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 PM

I had terrible headaches that my monster-in-law kept saying were sinus. When I began losing vision, I went to eye doctor. He did MRI and found a brain tumor! They removed the tumor, now I have different headaches. See a doctor, maybe 2!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
This may sound silly but give her a piece of chocolate and a cup of coffee. The caffeine from both will open up the vessels in the brain and help ease the migraine and make it more bareable.
Yes, I agree....black coffee helps me.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 PM

well she has been to the doctor recently...as in the last few weeks and told them about the headaches...they didn't think much about it. She had a physical for school. Bloodwork and everything. She's on the pill so hormone surges should be controlled? We're trying some cayenne now to see if that helps. I think though that the chiro is the next thing she needs to pursue. She says she has felt this headache coming for a week. And yes I know they are horrible to deal with.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Migraines have multiple sources, but make sure it's a migraine that DD is having. The doctor is the best place for advice and meds; they have some that can be taken to prevent migraines. Also, if you can, see a chiropractor. Good luck and yes, GRRR to your husband, his mom, and his sister.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:38 PM

My coworker can't take any hormonal type meds (ie birth control) of any kind because they increase the frequency and intensity of her migranes. So you might want to ask the doctor about this possibility as well.