Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-) >

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Some things our significant other does that we appreciate :-)

Old 06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

He just follows through. If something needs to be done and I don't have time, he does it. We really work as a team. He keeps our vehicles maintained. He says to keep enough funds in the bank to pay bills and not to go crazy. He doesn't complain if dishes don't get done. It was harder on him when I found the lump in my breast last year than me. I had psyched myself up for it. I told him it was cancer before the doctors told me. I told him he would probably be at work when I found out and I was right. 30 minutes after I called him he came home for lunch with take out. He held me for the longest time. We just do for each other and it really doesn't matter what it is.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 AM

He has become the breakfast maker (& cleaner upper) at our house; I haven't emptied the dishwasher in well over 2 years; great at vehicle & yard maintenance; is my hiking, canoeing & fishing buddy; is an "enabler" when it comes to my fabric stash addiction; is my garden tiller-man; my go-to guy when I need a "male eye" on a "manly" quilt project (LOL)...and so much more. Aren't we just the lucky ones, ladies?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 AM

He sings "You are my Sunshine" to me every night. Brings me coffee every morning (but says I am better at putting the peanut butter on his muffin). Worries if one of the cats stays out all night. Tell me every quilt is the best one yet. Lets me use his power tools, but leaves my scissors alone.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 AM

He gives me my space and never asks how much I spend. (I'm my own self regulator!), does what I ask of him around the house. When we lived on a hill in Iowa he would go down to the mailbox every Sunday and get me my Sunday paper without being asked. Drives me where ever I want to go. Gets his own breakfast. There is much more but this is the start of so many things. I try to overlook the gripes. LOL!!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

I have been divorced 18 years, but I love reading all of your wonderful stories! It goes to show its not diamonds or other fancy things. Wonderful thoughtfulness and noticing little things are appreciated more. I am happy you have that in your lives. And I'm sure it works both ways.

Raine54rn
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM

He always makes the coffee & sets the timer for the morning but he doesn't even drink coffee. He maintains my car, keeps it full of gas, cleaned. He is a fabric stash enabler. He makes me laugh. So many other things. I am truly blessed.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:23 PM

He supports our family allowing me to be a stay at home mom. I am forever grateful for the time I spend with my children and the chance to be the type of mom I always wanted to be. This is a priceless gift he has given to me.

On the lighter side, he is the pond guy. He does all the gardening, planting and pond maintenance. I just get to relax and enjoy it.

Wonderful idea for a thread, thanks.

Elise
Attached Thumbnails 100_0805.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 04:37 PM

I am touched , too. Definitely a keeper. Hope you are recovering well.
Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
just the tip of the mountain of things...
When I had breast cancer surgery his sheer tenderness

I had lung cancer surgery this March, and I'm using the image of sunflowers to perk myself up and remind me just how lucky I am. I didn't know he was even aware of it...but when he came back from town a few weeks ago, he had a fist full of seed packets for every sunflower type in the world I think. He has planted them on the front edge of the garden, probably a 50 foot row. I am SO touched...

Bearisgray, those are all ways of saying I love you...far more expressive than flowers and candy. We just need to recognize those actions for what they are.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 PM

This was a wonderful idea for a thread. My husband has been gone for over 16 years now and it was nice to think about the good things. You all are right, the little things are the most important. Early in my marriage he asked me "What are you going to do with all that fabric?" I replied,"Don't touch my fabric". All the times we moved (and there were several) he never complained about all those totes of fabric.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
He supports our family allowing me to be a stay at home mom. I am forever grateful for the time I spend with my children and the chance to be the type of mom I always wanted to be. This is a priceless gift he has given to me.

On the lighter side, he is the pond guy. He does all the gardening, planting and pond maintenance. I just get to relax and enjoy it.

Wonderful idea for a thread, thanks.

Elise
Your pond is beautiful!