Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sometimes it's the simple things in life.......

Sometimes it's the simple things in life.......

Last month I was contacted via pm by another local board member inventing me to Monday sit and sews located in one of the local quilt stores, to meet her, connect with other quilters, and do some sewing well today I was finally able to attend. I am very glad I went I met some very nice ladies that welcomed me, I will be attending again hopefully regularly.

It was so nice of her to reach out to a complete stranger and ask me to join them. It was a simple sweet gesture one that made my day.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Power Poster
    It's always nice to make new quilting friends.

Yes, it is nice, isn't it!?
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

It makes me smile. That was a nice thing.
    Lori

yes, i find that crafters of all kinds tend to be awfully wonderful people.

so great to hear that the group is a good fit for you!
    * running slow isn't a character flaw; quitting is.
    * ANY idiot can run; it takes a SPECIAL KIND OF IDIOT to run a marathon.

*4- 5ks *1- 5miler *1- 10k *2- 13.1 *1- 26.2.... and counting

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Always nice to meet new people!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Meeting other QBees is SUCH a blessing and blast!

Virginia Qbees meet a few years ago in Harrisonburg at the VA Quilt Museum for a day of viewing, eating, show and tell, visiting, and shopping. It was so much fun and several of us have stayed in touch, doing a workshop together each spring.

Everybody needs to try this at least once!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    isn't that great.
    today I went to a bee with people I met here.
    Saturday, i'm meeting fellow members at a show.
    I think this board is just fantastic.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Members of this board are so generous -- a friend and I were invited to go on a bus trip to the Des Moines quilt show last October, and to stay in an individuals home before and after the bus trip so we didn't have additional expenses. All this from a wonderful lady I met here! When we met it was like seeing an old friend!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    That is so awesome !!! Some of the members of the board are so wonderful and caring (lOL haven't met them all yet!).. I have many friends from this board and another quilting forum I go to (corresponding with them over the net and feel like an old forever friend) ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, I have met two wonderful friends through QB. Had the pleasure of meeting Jennie Penny in person this past September. I have also become close friends with Caswews. She surprised me with a phone call not too long ago. They will both be forever friends to me.
    Last edited by SouthPStitches; 03-19-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo

Our LQS is having a Saturdays in March sewing meeting. We attend when we can and they supply the fabric to make charity quilts. I have met some very nice people. (I never met a quilter that I didn't like.) I have finished two quilts and on Saturday will begin a third. Great way to while away this awful winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    Members of this board are so generous -- a friend and I were invited to go on a bus trip to the Des Moines quilt show last October, and to stay in an individuals home before and after the bus trip so we didn't have additional expenses. All this from a wonderful lady I met here! When we met it was like seeing an old friend!
    That is awesome,

Looks like a few people have become friends and met IRL. It's a good way to meet new people.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I met a very nice lady on this board who as it turned out lived about 10 minutes from me. We met for lunch a couple of years ago and it's like we were separated at birth. Same likes and dislikes and love sewing and quilting. Great way to find people in your town you didn't know!!
    Debra