Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: specialty fabric

Blog Entries

Red face specialty fabric

I am on a search for fabric to make pants with ruffles at the bottom for my GGD. The ready made ones have a content label of 95% cotton and 5% lycra. I have searched everywhere and cannot find this. If anyone knows where to look, please let me know. I can make them with my eyes shut and no pattern, but I don't want 100% cotton due to the ironing factor. I think her mom would throw them away before she would iron them!!! Thanks for your help!
    Happy Quilting
    Love in Christ
    Suzi

Blog Entries
    I did a Google search on "fabric 95% cotton 5% lycra" and got quite a few hits; not sure if all of them are reliable. However, I did find this category on fabric.com that seems to meet your requirements:
    https://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashi...ra-fabric.aspx

Edit: Note that some of the fabrics there are polyester instead of cotton. I think you will get more hits if you Google "cotton jersey fabric" as that seems to be the cotton/lycra combo.

Edit2: You may find more variety and better prices on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cotton-spandex-fabric
    Last edited by Prism99; 10-31-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Are you after a knit or woven fabric with stretch? Where I work we have a fabric called stretch poplin which is a cotton lycra blend but is woven, it is like a shirting fabric with some stretch, there are some here too /www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=stretch+poplin&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

You might try searching at www.moodfabrics.com

Try Fabric Depot in Portland, Oregon. They are a huge store, and have an online store also. They have every kind of fabric imaginable.
    BJ

Do you have a Hancock's fabric store near you? I have found some nice fabrics there to make paints for my DGD. I have also bought some at Hobby Lobby. It may not be the Cotton Lycra blend you are talking about but it is has some stretch and does not need ironing.